Chapter 8

Ramin:

The moment he closed the door behind Sierra he went into his bedroom and laid down in his bed. He was very grateful that Sierra had come over late that evening and talked and comforted him. That was exactly what he had needed. Once his head rested on the pillow it only took two seconds for him to drift off to sleep with just one thing on his mind; Sierra.

He woke up early in the morning by a bird singing outside his window. He was really annoyed, the dream he dreamed right before he had awoken was the best dream he had ever had. The dream had started with him and Sierra sitting in his sofa watching The Anchorman. They sat really close, closer than two friends should have. Suddenly Sierra had leaned in and kissed him, it was a very passionate kiss and they were about to go further when the bird had awoken him. Thinking what he actually had dreamed he immediately regretted thinking about it as a good dream, he didn't like her in that way. But even if he didn't want to admit it, he still felt the tingle in his lips from where Sierra had kissed him in the dream. It made Ramin's stomach turn. Why was he thinking like this? He felt like he was betraying her in his dreams. With the divorce, well Ramin made himself think that his thoughts were just a bit messed up right now. 

Around ten that morning, when he sat at his kitchen table his phone started playing his ringtone. Chocked that someone would call him this early he picked it up without looking at the caller ID and answered.

- Hi?

- Hello! Is it Ramin Karimloo I'm talking to? a woman's voice said.

- Yes, it is; Ramin said.

- Hi, it's Lucy Simon talking; the woman said. Your audition were amazing and your voice really blew us away. Also since the 25th anniversary we haven't been able to think of anyone else than you to be playing Archibald Craven in the revival of my show. Therefore, we more than gladly offer you to play the role as Archie in the upcoming revival of "The Secret Garden" on Broadway.

Ramin let out a relieved sigh. He had been very nervous whether he would get the role or not. Right after the audition for Secret Garden he had cancelled Evita in Japan because he thought he would get the role. Of course he had regretted it deeply after because of his nerves. Also the fact that she had complimented him made him want to faint, it was a great honor to be complimented by The Lucy Simon. After some seconds he realised that she maybe would like an answer and said:

- Thank you very much, I would gladly take role!

- That's good to her! I'll send all the details about this production to your agent, good bye!

- Bye! He said and hung up.

As he put the phone on the table he jumped onto his feet and did a little victory dance. After about 5 minutes he sat down again and picked up his phone. Without thinking he scrolled through his phone until Sierra's number was visible and he called her. The excitement to tell her that he got the job and to hear her reaction felt like a lump in his stomach as he waited for her to answer. However, before the first signal sounded his call was directly sent to voice mail. Confused and a bit hurt he hung up without leaving a message and sent a quick text message to Mandy and his family that he got the role as Archibald. Why didn't Sierra answer him? Almost every time he called her she answered in no time and he had never experienced that she was busy with something else. But sure, she was a busy person and he couldn't blame her for being occupied one time. It still hurt though.

He laid his phone on the table but before he could do anything else it started ringing and when he looked at the caller ID his heart skipped a beat and a big smile spread on his face.