Chapter 16

Sierra:

Luca was like the most adorable kid existing. He was so talented, hitting every note confided. His high boy voice fitting like the right key into a lock for this role, which was challengeing since the notes that little boy was supposed to sing was high on the scale. The role this little one did in School of Rock was also quite high when she came to think of it. Considering this morning, working with children and hearing Luca's and Isabella's arguments had gotten Sierra in a great mood.

- Sierra, can you tell Isabella my voice does not sound like a girl's? Luca said while grabbing her arm.

- It does, Luca; Isabella said while she walked up behind him with one of the biggest smiles on her tiny face. 

She seemed very happy that she had gotten Luca angry. Sierra didn't know what to say. The fact was that Luca actually sounded like a girl, or well, some of the time at least. But she did not know if she was supposed to say that out loud. Sierra needed to find a solution to this.

- Ehhummm, we all have unique voices and...

She was cut off by Isabella laughing very loud and Luca making a grumpy face. Before Sierra could keep on going the cute pair ran off, probably to find some other people to ask. Sierra smiled to herself. They were adorable, and Luca would not sound like that his entire life. He was a little boy; his voice would eventually get a lot deeper in years. Well, hopefully soon, Sierra thought, as she started to walk to the rehearsal studio from the singing room. She had been in great mood today, it had been one of those days when you could not believe how awesome life was. However, when Sierra walked in the door she stopped dead in her tracks.

Ramin and Ali were sitting in the sofa in the corner, talking. That was of course alright because Ramin had other friends than her, and Ali was her friend too. However, they were both smiling like idiots and Ramin's cheeks were as red as a tomato. She had never seen him blushing so much. Seeing this made her stomach turn, for all Sierra could know the only thing they could do was to just talk. But why would they have smiled that way then? Why would Ramin blush that deeply? There was a voice inside of her telling her that this was more than a friendly conversation and she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She should not feel this way, but Sierra found that it was no way of not doing so. Although she knew it was childish she did not feel well and she turned around and started walking back to the singing room instead. 

There was a bad feeling in her stomach that just grew and grew as Sierra walked away. As in all her problems joined that lump. Thinking about it, she had no permission to feel this way. Ramin did not like her, of course. Why would he? He just divorced with his long-time wife. Why did she even allow herself to get any hope? What made her think that she had a chance? It wasn't like he had given her any signs that he liked her, it was probably all in her imagination. But no, Sierra said to herself. They had slept in the same bed for goodness sake. What had that meant to him? Had he even been aware of what had happened because of the nightmare? Had it even happened at all? A voice in the back of her head was telling Sierra that he probably thought it was Mandy. This hurt, but Sierra did not want to admit it. She could feel her eyes burning, tears threatening to spill. Sierra could not allow them to fall, she wound not.

Ramin:

When Ramin woke up the next day he was in a good mood. After his discussion with Ali yesterday he had really hoped that he would see Sierra. He didn't, but he knew that today was a day when they had rehearsals together. Dragging the curtain up sun flooded into his bedroom and revealed a green outside. New York City could be beautiful this time of the year. Even though there mainly was huge impressive buildings, Ramin could see central park from his window, which was a green life filled spot in the town. Thinking about nature always made him think about Sierra, she was really into that stuff. Ramin never fully understood why, but hey, whatever.