Chapter 12

Sierra:

Sierra's heart skipped a beat, Ramin had taken her had in his so now they were walking hand in hand. Why did she get so happy and excited when they had body contact? It was only Ramin, not her high school crush nor "the one she secretly loved". They were best friends and nothing more, but still she got all sweaty and nervous each time she was supposed to meet him and when he looked at her. Her conversation with Allegra before and all her worrying during her shower had just seemed to melt away the moment she had laid eyes on Ramin when he had opened the door. She pushed the thoughts away and concentrated on the warm summer's evening.

-          What do you think of this place? Ramin asked.

-          Good; she automatically answered.

Why did she react this way? Saying things without thinking them over, when she knew that Ramin wouldn't mind waiting 20 more seconds to get an answer. She had probably answered far to quickly. Ughh, she hadn't even had the time to check if the place had vegan or vegetarian food before she had answered. Well, now it was too late to turn back.

-          Then let's go in!

Luckily, the restaurant had several vegetarian options. They even had some vegan alternatives too which made her think that Ramin probably had checked the menu outside the restaurant before he had asked her if she wanted to go in. But if he had, which seemed like the only logical answer, she would have had time to look at the menu herself. How come she hadn't looked on the menu? Thinking about it she reluctantly recalled that she was too busy staring at Ramin's face to be able to look at the menu. Not that she didn't like his face, rather the opposite actually, but the fact that she had stared at him made her want to sink through the ground and stay there. What would he say if he knew?

How she loved all these nights she spent with Ramin. Even if they sat in a shabby pub and didn't eat fancy food she appreciated it more than every other restaurant there was, only because she sat there and had fun with him. And to make it even better he always seemed to be so happy when they met and that made her even happier. 

They talked about awkward things that had happened during shows when his phone suddenly rang. She started to smile when Ramin said:

-          Oh my God! I can't believe this happens again.

This reminded her of an interview from the opening night of "Love Never Dies".

-          Ramin Karimloo!!

-          I'm sorry! I'll put it on silent.

-          Unbelievable!

He returned a goofy smile.

-          I won't even answer it this time. I'm thoroughly embarrassed; he touched his face acting embarrassed.

-          Always answering his phone, as if it's important.

-          Oh my God! Have you ever seen an Iranian blush?

They burst out laughing and started talking about old memories from when they first met until when they did Phantom of the Opera together with Hadley Fraser.

They had walked back to Ramin's apartment and during that time the sky had started to darken, and the air become hard to breathe. This however, was nothing Sierra noticed, the only thing she thought about was that they held hands on their way back too. Weirdly she didn't mind holding hands with him. Thinking about it, if it would be someone else, even another good friend, she would almost feel uncomfortable if they had held hands. However, holding hands with Ramin felt so right and it made her heart beat much faster, in some kind of pleasant way if that even was possible. She couldn't help noticing that her hands were sweaty, and she hoped that he wouldn't mind, and if she thought about it his palms were quite sweaty too. But that was nothing she found disturbing.