Chapter 3

Sierra:

- See you again soon; Sierra said and hugged Norm Lewis tightly.

They had been out eating at a restaurant with some other old cast members from the production of Phantom of the Opera they had done together at Broadway. It was always nice to have a chat with her "dad" Norm, just to talk about life. Ever since they did "The little mermaid" together they've had this bond, which she was grateful for. She liked the entire cast company a lot, however when she thought about phantom she always started to miss Ramin. Sierra was really excited about him coming to New York and especially that they were going to meet the same day he was coming. Talking about Ramin, when she opened her phone on the taxi ride home she noticed that Ramin had sent her a text, again. Why did she always get excited when he texted her? She supposed it was because he was her best friend, but it still was a strange feeling. Something did not feel right, but hey, Sierra stop thinking like this. Trying to escape her stupid thoughts she opened Instagram instead of opening his message. It was kind of mean to Ramin, but opening it was kind of mean to herself.

Sierra knew that she wasn't supposed to like all Ramin's posts, and not post a lot of pictures with them together, because Ramin had told her that Mandy tended to be a bit envious. That was also why he almost never liked her pictures nor posted any pictures of her. Even if she knew that Mandy could be a bit jealous sometimes she didn't understand why she was jealous at her. She and Ramin were only friends, so him not being able to even follow her on Instagram made her almost a bit sad. All times Sierra had met Mandy in real life, Mandy had always been an angel and really nice. That made her confused, why did Ramin always tell her that Mandy was jealous? But anyway, she guessed it was more general, that she got envious when he liked posts which a girl had posted and not specificly her. Sierra did not want to think something bad about Mandy, since she did not know her very well and after all, she was Ramin's wife.

When she came inside Celie and Olivia immediately came towards her and started to meow loudly.

- Yes, yes girls. You will get your dinner soon, just let me come inside the door.

She quickly took her shoes off and walked to the kitchen where she had all cat food. Once she had put down the two food bowls and filled the water bowl she picked up her phone and read Ramin's message. When she saw that he had sent her a heart she started smiling like crazy. She looked at the clock on her phone and realised that it was very late and that she had to get up quite early because she was going to pick up Ramin the following day. It was 23:18 and way past her bedtime. No wonder why her poor cats had been hungry when she came home.

After brushing her teeth and changing into her pyjamas her phone started buzzing. Picking it up she wondered who would call her this late. When she looked at the caller ID she immediately became curious. Why was he calling now?

- Hi Ramin! Why are you calling me in the middle of the night? she asked while trying to slower her fast beating heart by taking deep breaths.

- Oh, sorry... Sie; he whispered back. Here it's early morning and I didn't think about the time difference, but I just wanted to tell you I'm on my way out of the house now.

- Okay, why did you want to tell me that? she asked but then realised that she may have sounded rude and added: not that you're not allowed to call me to say that. I like talking to you, but I didn't expect you to call me, or was it something else you wanted to say?

Why did she always get so nervous and sweaty when she talked to him? She felt her face grow hot and was really happy that they were talking through the phone and not face to face. Sierra laid down on her blue sheets placing the duvet over her.

- Ehh, yes; his voice was stronger now, so she supposed he had gotten out of his house. Mandy has been acting weird lately. She hasn't been sad but she hasn't talked as much as she use to and is not as happy and not very physical, if you understand what I mean. She didn't seem to be sad when I went from home. I don't understand and I'm worried that it is something I have said that made her feel bad.

He sounded very sad and worried, so Sierra figured she should try to comfort him. She did not feel very confident in that situation, but that's what friends are for, right?

- I think it will be all right soon. She maybe just has a mental breakdown or something.

- No Sie, it wasn't something like that.

She loved when he called her Sie.

- We have argued a lot lately, but couples do argue and we still love each other so I don't understand; he said, and it sounded like he was close to crying.

- Am I allowed to ask what you were arguing about? Sierra said turning in her bed.

- No, not really... But I should probably hang up now so you can sleep. Thank you for listening, you are simply the best Sie!

Sierra felt a little hurt by the fact that he didn't want to tell her, but she had no reason to why she would be prevailed to feel that way.

- No problems Ramin. Are you taking the flight now?

- Yeah, it'll leave in two hours, so I have to call a taxi now. Bye! He said.

- Namaste!

Sierra ended the call and put her phone on the bedside table. When she laid her head on the pillow again she hoped it wasn't anything bad between Ramin and Mandy.

Ramin:

Why did he call Sierra to talk about this? She probably didn't even care, and they were going to meet again in in only some hours. But still, it felt so right to tell her about it. Sierra was such a good listener and she always found a way to comfort him, even if she didn't really say anything. It was just that she listened, her company that comforted him.

Ramin sat in the cab and watched the landscape passing by. Mandy had acted weird lately and the arguments became more frequent, and more often than he wanted them to they were about him and Sierra. Also, this night Mandy had been very reserved and laid on the other side of the bed. She didn't want to admit it, but he heard her cry. Of course, he didn't tell Sierra that. When he left the house earlier he had kissed his boys goodbye when they slept and when he said goodbye to Mandy she just gave him a kiss and said goodbye in the bedroom. Not that it was bad but every time he left London before she used to cry but not this time. It was very weird and thinking about what happened during that night he was a bit worried. During the night he had also told her that if she wanted to, he could cancel the flight and leave another day, but she refused. And there was nothing he could do now.

After checking in his bag at the airport, he went to buy his morning coffee. It was a long flight, so he could sleep on the plane, but he had to stay awake until then. He felt bad for not waking up his sons before leaving but he didn't want them to wake up too early and then be tired at school. He had awoken extremely early this day because he couldn't sleep when Mandy laid awake crying. Also, because his flight left quite early and it was kind of a long way to the airport he had to wake up around 4:00 in the morning.

- Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing in New York in twenty minutes time, so we'll soon prepare for a landing. Make sure you sit down properly in your seat and that you keep your seatbelt fastened all the way until the plane stops. Thank you; the pilot said in a very strong British accent.

Ramin felt his heart beat faster as he fastened his seatbelt and prepared for the landing. He was very excited to meet Sierra at last, even if it hadn't been long since last time they met. Especially since she was going to pick him up and they were going to do something that day. Just the thought of Sierra made him nervous, but most of all happy. In the back of his mind he felt a little sorry for Mandy, even if he loved her and didn't do anything wrong it still felt like he was untrue to her in some way. But that feeling went away when he thought of the time he soon would spend with Sierra.