Chapter 2

Ramin:

-          What are you laughing at? Mandy asked him from where she was sitting in their bedroom on the blue bed sheets.

-          Ehh, just a text message from Sierra. Nothing important really; he quickly added as he saw Mandy's reaction.

He didn't really understand why Mandy always got jealous, because she knew that he loved her and no one else. Sierra had only written that he should guess before she told him what she got sent to her, and he found that funny because it was truly a Sierra thing to say. Mandy went up from the bed to shower which gave Ramin time to answer Sierra's text.

Sierra❤️: You have to guess, I won't tell ya until you guess :P

Me: Someone sent you flowers?

He teased a little. Then he remembered something and added:

Me: Oh, I almost forgot. Since I'm gonna play in chess I'm coming to NYC on Monday.

He was so excited for the production of Chess that was going to be played in Washington D.C in early February. It wasn't a big show or anything, it was only about a week of concerts, but it was still a big deal. Because it was less than a month left until Chess he was supposed to fly to New York in one day and stay there for a week and a half to practice there. Then the whole crew would fly to Washington D.C to rehearse during the last week before the show would start.

-          Why does Sierra have a heart after her name? Mandy asked disappointedly while she sat down on the bed after her shower.

Ramin got shocked by the question, he didn't think about there being a heart after Sierra's name on her contact. It was a year ago maybe, when they had sat in her NYC apartment and she took his phone and changed her name to what it was now. Then he took her phone and changed his name too to "Ramin❤️😊" because why not?

-          Ummm, it was Sie. She took my phone and changed it to that some time ago; Ramin answered after a moment of silence.

-          And you didn't change it back?

-          Take it easy Mandy, it's not a big deal. She's just my friend and you know that.

Ramin felt like Mandy should understand this, but apparently, she didn't. After all, Ramin did not want to blame Mandy of anything and it was kind of natural to be a little, well jealous, sometimes. But the odd thing here was that in the beginning, when he had met Sierra back in 2008, almost ten years ago know Mandy had thought nothing about it. They had all been like any friends, but when Ramin tried to remember when it all changed he could not. To him it just seemed one day that Amanda was nervous when he spent to much time with his best friend.

-          Apparently, she's a little more than a friend because you don't want to change it back; she said sounded a little hurt.

-          Of course not! She's just my best friend and I didn't change it because I thought it was a fun thing, but sure. I can change it back if you want me to! he exclaimed and walked out of the bedroom angrily leaving her on the bed.

Ramin knew that it was not the right thing to do, but sometimes he could not restrain himself.

-          Why don't I have a heart behind my name on your phone then? Why does she always come to every of your opening nights? Why do you always go to her opening nights? You always do things together. You meet her more that you meet me!

Mandy walked out to him, now looking more upset than sad. She planted herself like a tree in front of him, in a typical Mandy pose with both her hands at her sides. Ramin knew that all the things she just had said were true, although he didn't know what to feel about it. He figured that he should keep quiet and start making breakfast, so he left her again walking into the kitchen.

Ramin was alone in the kitchen for a while, he could not make himself eat any food at all. He had such conflicted feelings for everything right now. There was something between him and Mandy that he was not ready for. It was normal to get in an argument now and then, they have had numerous of fights during their married years. But later on, well, something have been different. Ramin did not want it to happen, he pushed down those odd feeling all the time, but for how long could he really do that? Was it even right to pretend? After around ten minutes alone, leaning out from the window looking at the bright blue sky he heard footsteps and felt two arms wrap around him. It reminded him a bit of when he and Sierra did the 25th anniversary of Phantom of the Opera. He had been sent out to take credit for his performance during the show once more and Sierra saw that he was a bit uncomfortable, so she ran out to him and hugged him from behind. But this time it wasn't Sierra (of course).

-          Sorry for being mad before; Mandy said softly. I just got a little... jealous. You know that I like Sierra and that I don't mind you being friends with her.

Even if Ramin still was a bit mad with her he turned around and hugged her back. He didn't want them arguing the last thing they did before he left to go to New York. Just when he was about to let go of Mandy he saw Jaiden walk in to the kitchen followed by his little brother Hadley. When he saw them, he felt a little bad for arguing with Mandy. He knew that they probably had heard them, and he didn't want his boys to know about the arguments. Because during the last couple of months, or in fact the last two years he and Mandy quite often had arguments. And they were often about him being too much with Sierra. But during the last three months they had argued about smaller and more pointless things which he didn't feel was too good. He loved her, and he knew that she loved him, however, nowadays it felt like they had been growing apart. Probably it was just him, it was actually normal to argue so he hoped that it was nothing. But somehow it didn't feel like nothing to him, Ramin did not want to think that way but eventually he did.

Around seven he felt his phone buzz and he picked it up from his pocket. He unlocked his phone to find that Sierra had answered his text. She was always nice to him and he always wanted to be with her. Her personality was so special, but in a good way. She was positive about life, happy, energic and even though he knew that she had a stressful life she didn't seem to be affected of it. Not in the way you usually were affected at least.

Sierra❤️: No, I got a fan mail with a picture with us two + a little text. As you will come here soon I expect you to visit me and then you can see it.

Sierra❤️: Do you wanna meet up on Monday btw? I can pick you up at the airport(:

He loved being with her, so he really appreciated her suggestion and quickly typed an answer.

Me: That sounds great! See ya then<3

He knew that if Mandy would see that he had sent a heart to Sierra she would get mad and disappointed as usual, but he  care less at the moment. Something in him felt like he was done caring about things like that.