Chapter 34

Sierra:

When the curtain to the theatre went up Sierra could not help herself but to let out little cry of excitement and she could see in the corner of her eyes that Ramin smiled to himself before putting his arm around her. The feeling of his arm around her made her heart turn in her chest, and she tried to lay her head on his shoulder but since they were in theatre chairs it was kind of hard. But Sierra did it anyway. The room was dark, the only light came from the stage, so it was hard to see each other but Sierra thought that it made it so much cosier here. It still made her all fussy inside when she thought about the fact that Ramin liked her, it was too good to be true. She tried to jump closer to him, but it was kind of impossible, Ramin must have felt it though because he looked from the stage to her smiling his beautiful smile. He let his hand wander down to her waist running along her back in the progress before he turned his attention back to the stage and Sierra had to stop herself from bursting out in a happy dance right there.

The musical was beautiful, Sierra had not really known that much about it before, but she did recognize some of the songs. It was extremely fun seeing her "father" on stage once again, it had been far too long ago. He was truly amazing, Sierra had heard him so many times before but it still surprised her what a range he had in his singing. Sure, Sierra knew her wasn't that bad, but the longest part of her own was the extreme high notes, which you never used anyway. Phantom and Love Never Dies being like the only place even coming near. Norm Lewis, her "daddy" were a rich baritone, but the low notes were defiantly down on what you might call impossible. The rest of the company were amazing as well, all people being on Broadway really are. That's Broadways standards. It was also fun seeing Lea Salonga. Sierra knew that somehow everyone, including Broadway stars, looked up to her in some way.

After the show Ramin and Sierra got really lucky and some cast member saw them and knew who they were. He apparently thought that they were there to meet their friends and showed them a way back stage. So, Sierra and Ramin stood against a wall in one of the small hallways waiting for Norm to be done with stage door. It might take a while, sometimes the crowd were excited sometimes it was more or less, cool. Sierra saw from the corner of her eye that Ramin was looking at her face, it probably should have made Sierra a little uncomfortable, but it didn't. Before they became a pair, it would have had that effect but now, it was nothing.

- So, what did you think of the show? Ramin asked her.

It had truly been amazing but then again, every Broadway shows always was.

- It was amazing! I really liked the atmosphere; Sierra said and then asked him back: And what about you?

- Actually, really good...

- You don't sound so convinced.

- No, I mean it, it was amazing.

Ramin was hands down adorable when he got himself in a situation he did not like to be in. His face all worried he might have said something that would hurt someone. Even though Sierra hadn't admitted it she really liked this about him, that he always was so concerned with everybody's feelings.

- You did not sound like it.

- Sierra come on.

Ramin looked a little uncomfortable and worried for a bit until he saw the look on Sierra's face. She was trying way to hard not to burst out laughing, probably making a funny face. He seemed a little unsure what he was supposed to do, but eventually started laughing before her. When Sierra heard Ramin's wonderful laughter she could not stop herself from doing the same.

So, when Norm did his entrance the two perfectly normal grownups stood in the hall laughing so hard that they were crying. It hadn't been that funny but to Sierra everything was funny when Ramin was involved. When Norm placed himself beside them they could not even then stop laughing, but it was one of the good things in life; roaring with uncontrolled laughter. After Ramin and Sierra had calmed down a bit the three of started talking about stuff. Both exalted Norm because of his amazing performance and he was humble about it, but Sierra could see that he was proud of this role. It was good to be proud of what you accomplished and not hide it. Sierra knew that Norm agreed with her and he could somehow be proud but in the same time not boastful. After a while Ramin apologized and said that he was going to greet some of the other cast members before he leaned down, placed a hand on her waist and whispering in her ear that he would wait for her outside. Sierra smiled a huge smile when he walked away in the hallway and when she turned her face to Norm she could see that he was smiling as well, but a knowingly smile. His whole face was lit up and Sierra could not help to notice more white hair in his black afro than normal.