Chapter 11

Sierra:

When Sierra got home she greeted her cats before she took a shower which gave her far too much time to think. She felt like she was betraying herself, she did not understand what this feeling was and it scared her. It felt like her control slipped through her fingers, and Sierra did not know why but she knew she did not like it. She felt powerless.

Sierra loved spending time with Ramin, it was nothing she loved more, but she did not understand what was happening. And the last thing she wanted was to make things awkward between them just because some stupid thoughts. Their friendship had been going on for a couple of years, it was extremely important to Sierra. Sure, she had a lot of friends but somehow it felt like the friendship with Ramin was more important. If it was to stop because of her, then she did not know what she would do with herself. Only the thought made an unpleasant lump in her stomach.

Just as she was done dressing, choosing the phantom of the opera 25th anniversary cast shirt, a pair of bright green yoga pants and putting her hair up in a messy bun she felt her phone bussing in her pocket. Picking it up she saw that it was her sister Allegra calling.

- Hello?

- Hi, it's me, Allegra. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going back to Denver tonight.

Woops, Sierra had totally forgotten that.

- Do you have time to meet up before I go? her sister said from the other side of the phone.

Sierra really wanted to meet her sister to say goodbye and it felt awful to not do it, but still, it was Ramin. Considering how conflicted Sierra had felt about him before she felt that it wasn't a good time to turn him down.

- I'm so sorry Allegra, but my night is already booked. But I can call him of if you want to but I rather not.

- It's all right, I should have told you earlier.

But Sierra thought she sounded a little bit disappointed, which did not help Sierra to get into a better mood. It became an awkward silence.

- No, it's all right, really; Allegra said after the short pause.

- Are you sure?

- Yes, but Sierra...

- Yes?

- Who is "him"?

Woops, again, thinking about last time Sierra and Allegra talked, this was not the conversation she wanted to have right now. This day was not going like she planned, at first everything was great then everything became better when Ramin came and asked if she wanted to do something. But then it seemed like Sierra needed to think about everything and now she did not feel in the mood for anything.

- Ramin asked if I wanted to do anything today. So yeah.

Sierra sounded nervous to even herself, but what Allegra was about present didn't have any truth in. Or did it, Sierra didn't honestly know. Allegra sounded voice was filled with "what did I tell you?" when she said;

- That's sweet, you told him about your feelings yet?

- I don't have feelings for him! Sierra said, finding herself upset for no reason.

- Then why are you so angry? Anyway, I gotta go, love you. And Sierra...

- Yes...

- Don't wait before it's too late to tell him.

Sierra stared at her phone for a moment. What did she mean by too late, would their friendship be destroyed by it, would he be angry? What was she even thinking? Sierra had nothing to tell him, but there was something in her stomach telling her otherwise.