Chapter 20

Ramin :

Ramin stood in front of his closet, his mind only occupied with one thought: what was he going to wear? That night they were going to have a grill night on the beach with the cast and everyone would be there, including Sierra. He had no idea what to wear and he only had 20 minutes left before he had to go to Sierra's apartment, so they could walk to the beach together. Knowing that he had been standing there for the last hour he was a little stressed, but he wanted to look nice for Sierra and still not look overly dressed. As Sie often liked to point out, he acted very girly when it came to the outfit. He liked to look good and he had always had a hard time choosing clothes to certain occasions, but since he had realised the feelings he had for Sierra it had only become harder. Ramin was almost a little sad by the fact that Sierra had thought that he liked Ali. Maybe he was really good at hiding his feelings or she was just bad at seeing these things. But what else could he do than hiding what he felt, if he started to show her his feelings he would most likely scare her away and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

After choosing between a plain black t-shirt or a navy blue one to match with his khaki shorts he finally chose the navy blue. This choice had taken him far too much time and he was very grateful that he had fixed his hair and showered before choosing clothes because he was already late. Running out from his flat he forgot to lock the door so when he had come outside the flat's port, he had to run up all the 15 floors to come up to his flat again to lock the door.

When he at last arrived at Sierra's flat he was ten minutes late and a little sweaty, even if he had tried not to sweat during his run to her apartment. The sun was high on the sky even if it was after 4 in the afternoon and it was very hot outside, which didn't help his attempt to not sweat. He regretted his choice to bring a hoodie with him a lot, so before he stepped inside the stairwell he took it off and threw it over his shoulders. Thankful though, that he had taken an extra layer of deodorant, he hoped that he didn't smell too much sweat as he made his way up to Sierra's floor. He took off his sunglasses, put them on top of his head and knocked three times on the door. It didn't even take 30 seconds before the door opened and Sierra flew into his open arms and embraced him in a hug. They stood there for a minute before they both realised that it first of all maybe looked weird that they hugged for so long, and secondly that it maybe was time to walk to the beach which wasn't very far away from where Sierra lived.

As they made their way towards the beach their hands entwined. Ramin's heart skipped a beat and he cursed his face as it became hot. He hoped with all his heart that Sie didn't notice, it was the last thing he wanted her to see. His face didn't get very red, but it looked like he had been out in the sun for too long and burnt his face. Why did he have to react this way all the time? This didn't help him making her like him more, if he was unattractive she would definitively not like him.

- Are you excited for tonight? she asked after some time.

The question snapped him out from all thoughts that swirled around in his head. He didn't know what to answer, he had completely forgotten how to speak. His face grew hot again and he felt how her eyes burned in his face. Reluctantly he turned his face to look at her and gave her a what he hoped to be a goofy smile.

- Yes, and you? he said at last.

- Of course, I'm always excited; she said and returned his smile.

His inside got warm as usual when she smiled at him which made it quite hard for him to think of an answer.

- Absolutely.

What kind of answer was that? All he wanted was to sink through the ground and stay there for the rest of his life. It was the worst answer he had ever heard, and she probably thought the same thing because she giggled a little. Why did he have to act like this? This was not alike him at all, he used to be more confident and overall better at talking. He acted like a pathetic teenager who talked to talked to his high school crush for the first time. How could Sie stand to be with him when he acted like this? He was actually very thankful for her patience with him.