Chapter 13

Sierra:

Sierra was a bit conflicted. Should she sleep in her bra or not? Sure, it was a silly question, but sleeping in a bra is in fact very uncomfortable. On the other hand, she was scared that Ramin would for some reason see her and the thought of that made her ashamed of her body. Why did she feel this way? She had worn several dresses without a bra when he had seen her, but to be honest, that was a completely different thing. And what did it matter that Ramin saw her? She would still wear a t-shirt. At last she decided to sleep without, and then put on a bra in the morning before she went out to meet him. Why did she make such a big deal out of this? He wouldn't see her during the night.

She laid her head on one of Ramin's pillows and breathed in the smell of him. His smell made her feel safe and she buried her head deeper in the pillow. Her eyelids became heavier and heavier. Sleep started to take over and with the scent of Ramin in the background her thoughts drifted off to him. His muscular body, and his warm brown eyes. Those chocolate brown eyes which made her totally forget about everything around when he looked at her. And of course, his handsome face. The face that she always wanted to look at who made her smile even in the darkest of times. His cute little smile that made the world around them melt away. Ramin was a very beautiful person, she couldn't deny that.

Suddenly she woke up by a sound. She sat up quickly and listened carefully for where it came from. The noise she had heard came from outside the door and it sounded like Ramin was saying something. As she listened even more, she didn't hear him talking, but crying. Was Ramin crying? Why was he crying? Had something happened? Was he sad because of the argument he and Mandy had before he came to the US? Was he sad because of the divorce? Wasn't he over Mandy? For some reason that thought hurt her.

After thinking for a minute, she still heard sobs and muffled mumbles, so she decided to walk out and check that it wasn't something serious. Quietly she stood up, walked to the door and slowly opened it. When she looked out towards the sofa she saw that Ramin had his back towards her and he was shaking. She tiptoed over to the sofa and sat down beside him. Suddenly he started mumbling again.

- No, please don't, no!

Ramin sounded heartbroken. What was he dreaming about that would make him so sad? She had no idea what she was supposed to do. He seemed to be so helpless and small. All she wanted to do was to lay beside him and cuddle in his arms, to hug him and to tell him that she was there for him and that everything would be fine. Without thinking she turned him around so that he laid on his back. Even though he looked like a mess he was still beautiful. Ashamed of what she was thinking she pushed that thought away and gently started to shake him awake.

- No, please. I love you; he said and his voice broke.

Who was he talking to? And what was happening in his dream? Even if she was curious to know who he was talking to panic was building up in her chest. Why didn't he wake up? Tears streamed down Ramin's cheeks and he let out small sobs as he mumbled something she couldn't hear. She shook him more violently and said his name as loudly as she dared to, thinking about that it was in the middle of the night. Ramin's eyelids flew up and his red, puffy but still beautiful eyes looked around. When their eyes met he got a relieved expression but started shaking and new tears started to build in his eyes. She didn't know what that meant but she hoped she had helped him feel better.

- Thank God Sie! he whispered and lunged forward and gave her a big hug.

She hugged back, now very aware that she didn't wear a bra and that Ramin didn't wear a shirt. She tried pushing that thought away and stroked him up and down his back feeling the tense muscles in his back.

Ramin:

Ramin was sitting at home in his sofa watching tv when his phone started ringing. He picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID which said "unknown number". Wondering who was calling him he answered: