Chapter 18

Ramin :

Ramin had been so worried about Sierra. She had totally ignored him these last few days days, and when he talked to her, she avoided him. It had been hard for both he guessed, he had wondered if he had done anything, was whatever that troubled Sierra his fault? Sure, holding a sleeping, completely exhausted Sierra in his arms made him realise that he still did not know what was wrong. But it seemed to him that she had let go, not pushing him away but accepting his help. 

He wasn't sure what to expect when he walked up to her door, he had been so nervous. Thinking she would either get mad or just don't open the door he at first didn't want to press the door bell, he didn't want to become more sad than he already was. But when she had thrown herself into his arms he could not help but be grateful. Grateful that she finally seemed to acknowledge him. It had felt so great to feel her in his arms again. Singing her to sleep and seeing that she seemed better by his presence made him feel amazing. It made those butterflies return. These days had truly been hard, and he did not want it to be like this ever again. 

Seeing how peaceful Sierra looked were she slept in his arms made a fussy feeling in his stomach, although she looked tired, completely exhausted, she still was the most beautiful person he had ever met. But she must have been so worn out. Ramin thought it was strange that he hadn't noticed anything before she completely cut herself from him. But it was in the past now, if something was terribly wrong with Sierra she would tell him, he hoped. Ramin felt like he had no right to ask her about it. She clearly had a hard time talking about it and Ramin had to accept if she did not want to tell him, and then that was the case. Either way she would choose he would be there for her, that was for certain.

He checked the clock and it read eleven in the morning. They had been allowed to come to the theatre later toady since the just moved in. The real work would start tomorrow. The director himself wanted the first seeing of the stage and local, to check his opportunities and where the would be limited, so he would be hundred present sure on what he was doing. And thank the Lord for this, otherwise they would have been late. It would have been extremely awkward to be late together with Sierra. If the case was that she was feeling good enough to go to work, whitch he suspected she didn't. Eleven was already kind of late but he did not need to be in the theatre until 14:00. 

He looked at Sierra who was still sleeping, it was not an option to wake her up. She needed all the sleep she could get. But he could not lay here all morning, so he slipped out of bed as quiet as he could. It felt odd to be in Sierra's apartment without her being here with him, but he tried to find something to eat. He made a note to himself that he would pay her back later, but when he opened some drawers and saw the flour he felt like making buns. Was that odd? Since it would take some time until Sierra finally woke up he figured, why not? So Ramin found a sandwich to eat while he looked up a recipe.

It was hard making buns in Sierra's kitchen. Yes, he was here quite often so he knew the basic things like where the glasses and the plates were, but now he needed to find things to bake in. It took some time and the fact that the last time he did buns was with his sons like two years ago did not help. Also, Sierra's cats walked around his feet all the time, meowing, so he almost stepped on them. After a while he figured that they wanted food and therefore had to search for cat food too.

The clock was around one when he finally stood in a kitchen full of new washed plates and bowls and fresh baked, good smelling buns. He had heard noises from Sierra's bedroom for the last ten minutes, but needed to take the buns out of the oven before he could go and check on her. Now that he was done he walked over and slowly opened the door to her bedroom, silently praying that he not had awakened while baking. She was lying in her bed, her back facing him, so he could not see if she was awake or not. He slowly walked over to the bed in the dark room and sat down on her blue sheets. She had her eyes closed but did not seem to be asleep, he reached out a hand and tucked a red lock on the back of her ear. A little smile spread on her lips, okay, she was not asleep. She turned so she was lying on her back, coming closer to Ramin in the progress, and let out a small sigh before saying with a hoarse voice:;