Chapter 23

I spoke to the kids every single day. I spoke to Tasha a few times and to be honest I liked how we could just speak without hard feelings. Its has been months so its cool.

"I'm liking the dress." I say as Nora walks inside my kitchen. She is wearing a short dress with red and white flowers. It hugged her curves.

"The wedding got cancelled." She says sitting down. I close my laptop and grab my water bottle.

"Really? Why?"

"She tried stabbing him."

"What the fuck." I try holding my laugh in. She puts her shades down. My phone starts ringing and I look at who is calling me. Tasha is.

"Hello?"

"Hey its me."

"I got caller id Tasha."

"Okay then clever clock. Little problem. Freya! I'm not a charger? Go put it in the charge. Sorry, Emily is absolutely home sick. When a french guy started speaking to her she screamed till she had to take a break to breathe. She hates France I guess."

"Shit. Let me talk to her."

"Okay. Emily here talk to daddy."

"Hey baby."

"Daddy I wanna come home."

"You only been there a month Emily."

"Yeah and I hate it hate it hate it. Mummy is not listening to me. I tried packing her stuff but she told me we couldn't go back home."

"Calm down first Em gosh. You can come back home okay but then you're leaving mum, Noah and Freya."

"Why won't they come with me? Mama why don't you want to come back home?"

"Because she has to work there." I say. "Listen I'll talk to mum and I'll come get you okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

"Love you too come quick!"

"I will." I hang up and sigh. I rub my eyes.

"So Emily not liking Paris?"

"Not at all apparently." I text Stella to book me tickets for today.

"Ever been to France?" I ask Nora. She just gives me a look.

"No."

"Fancy coming with me?"

"No." Nora sighs and pushes some curls back of her face.

"Why not it would be nice? I could show you around?" Nora sits quietly and plays with her phone.

"Somethings come up, I got to go. Have a safe flight. " Nora says and she gets up and leaves. I am taken back by her sudden reaction that I couldn't even ask what was going on?

"What the fuck." I mumble to myself opening my laptop again.

Nora's POV

I walk out as quickly as I could. I was too emotional to deal with this. Joshua was joking right? Is he stupid? He was playing with my feelings and I was stupid to go after a married man in the first place. He is so emotionally invested into his ex wife he isn't even seeing what he is doing to me.

I can tell he is trying his hardest to not go there with me but after we had sex twice he should know that I catch feelings and I too should be considered of. He is pretending like I don't have feelings and I will just be around. Months this has gone on. I know the guy went through a divorce but come on why string me along?