Chapter 1 ➼ 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

I pick up my gown and curtsy, taking my place next to my mother.

The Court Jester reads some scripts regarding my duty as a Princess in this Kingdom, but I'm zoning him out. I just want to get out of here and back to my bow. It's the only thing that keeps me calm lately. My mother and I don't have a great relationship, she's too caught up in her own magic. My father is always gone, he's in charge of our Kingdom's military. I don't have many friends since my mother is the Evil Queen. I don't go to public school, Ms. Jane tutors me at home. Mother says that Princesses need to learn more than what public school has to offer. I don't have any siblings either. So you could say it's easy for me to get lonely.

I am snapped back out of my thoughts when everyone breaks out in applause, signaling the end of the ceremony. I stand from my chair and follow my mother to the ballroom, where the annual ball is held.

"Angelina, I have someone for you to meet." My mother pulls me forward to my father, who stands next to a general.

"Hello father," I smile.

"Hello, darling," my father embraces me in a one-armed hug. "I have someone who I would like for you to meet. Angelina this is General Leon from Wonderland."

The general kisses my hand. "It's lovely to meet you Princess Angelina, this is my son William." The references to a young boy who looks a little older than I am. He stands at about five inches taller than me, so probably around 5' 6", since I barely reach 5 feet tall. He has light almost bleached hair with dark brown eyes.

"Hello Princess," William awkwardly takes my hand.

I mumble a hello. "Angelina, why don't you spend some time getting to know William?" I shoot her a glare and she shoots me one back. I know we're going to have a heated discussion about this later.

"Care to dance, Princess?"

I mentally roll my eyes and follow him to the dance floor.

William grips my waist and spins me around the ballroom floor. From a distance I can see my mother gleaming at me. I glare at her and she stops, turning away to talk to someone else.

"So what does a pretty little thing like yourself do for fun around here?"

"I'm sorry what?" I'm taken back by his bluntness.

"Yeah, it must get boring in this big castle all alone."

"Who said I'm alone?"

"Well you don't have anyone here with you."

"It's literally a celebration of me, I don't need a date."

"All girls need a man by their side."

This guy is really getting under my skin, why do I have to dance with him again?  I step on his foot while we're dancing.

"Hey! Watch it! These are new, your Kingdom couldn't even afford these for their princes."