Chapter 4 ➼ 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

I follow Peter Pan out of the woods and onto the beach I arrived on. He walks silently along the shore.

"So what's this?" I ask.

"The beach." Peter Pan says, smirking at me.

"Well duh." I respond. "I didn't know if it was a special beach."

"Well it is the beach you arrived on."

I nod.

Peter Pan walks over to a small row boat, "join me?"

"I don't like water."

He just looks at me.

"Like the ocean, I don't like deep water."

"I won't tip us over." He climbs in the boat and grabs the oars. "Coming?"

I hesitantly walk over and look at the boat. It's small, only wide enough for me to lay in it. The wood looks new though.

"Any day now."

I shoot him a glare and climb in the boat, gripping both edges of the small boat. He chuckles and begins to row, pushing us further and further away from the sand. 

The sun was starting to set, turning the sky a deep shade of pink.

"That's really pretty." I nod towards the sky.

"Yeah it is." Peter Pan's eyes never leave mine.

"I'm not falling for your game."

"This isn't part of the game."

"Oh really?" I push.

"No." He continues to row.

"What do you really want? You can't be serious about this game."

He's silent for a minute. "I just want you to be happy."

"How can I be happy? I'm stuck on an island that I can't get off of with a dozen teenage boys."

He smiles. "A guy can dream." He stops rowing and sets the oars down in their holder on the side of the boat.

I lean back in my seat and look out onto the horizon. I haven't even been here a day and somehow I'm at peace with the idea of staying for a while.

"So what's your story?" Peter Pan asks.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm currently mad at my parents. I don't want to be in the situation that I'm in and I just want to get away from it."

"The situation you're in?"

"You don't know my parents. You don't get it."

"Oh I know who your parents are."

I sit up. "What? Is that why you brought me here? Are you one of my mother's enemies?"