Chapter 17 ➼ 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝓊𝓈

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

I spend weeks avoiding Peter. I need to figure out how I feel before I can see him again. I think he gets that. He hasn't made it a point to talk to me. Just awkward occasional eye contact and passes through camp. The Lost Boys have warmed back up to me, Nick and Felix have easily become the male versions of Tinkerbelle and Ariel.

Speaking of the two girls, I've grown much closer to them while debating my feelings for Peter.

They're both supportive in their own ways. Ariel does everything in her power to push me into Peter's welcoming arms. Tink, on the other hand, has no problem enforcing my independent woman side that doesn't need a man. Although she often gives me encouraging words of support.

I trudge through the forest following Nick and Felix. We just went on a hunting trip and successfully secured two boar for dinner tonight. The two boys carry the carcasses as I follow behind, cleaning the blood off of my arrows with my shirt.

Once we reach the clearing the chaos hits.

Lost boys are running around the camp. Frantic. Running between Peter's tent and the tunnels.

"What the ..." Nick mumbles.

Brody emerges from the tunnels, his hands filled with different journals and medical supplies and sends us a worried look before running into Peter's tent.

"HEY!!" Felix yells out, all the Lost Boys stop in their place. "What's going on?"

"It's Pan," Will speaks up.

"Angelina," Thomas emerges from Peter's tent, "I could use your help."

My heart plummets to my stomach.

"Thomas, tell me what happened."

Upon entering Peter's tent I find him lying on his bed, covered in sweat.

"We don't know, we think he ate something."

"You don't know what?"

Thomas shakes his head and continues flipping through old journals.

"Ang," I turn my head and lock eyes with the boy on the bed. His eyes filled with pain. I rush over to him and sit on the edge of his bed.

"It's okay, you're going to be okay." I run my fingers through his hair. "Are you in pain?"

Peter doesn't answer, debating before he finally nods and clenches his eyes shut.

"Okay I'm gonna go get some pain medicine," I stand up quickly and turn before something stops me. I look back to find Peter's hand gripping mine.

"I'll be back. I promise."

He nods and I take off running to the tunnels. I find Nick rummaging through old journals. "Thomas asked me to bring all his journals. Do we know what's wrong yet?"