Chapter 25 ➼ 𝒹𝑒𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝑜𝒹

AN: Angelina's outfit is up top

Angelina's POV

The next morning I wake up early to meet Belle in the library to research. My alarm goes off at 7. I quickly turn it off so I don't wake up Nick and Ruby, who stayed over last night. I grab my clothes and head into the guest bathroom before taking a quick shower. I pull on a short, flared, maroon skirt, a tight, black long sleeve shirt and over the knee black heeled ankle boots. My hair dries in natural waves and I clip it back before I put on a small amount of mascara.

When I enter the library, Belle stands in front of a large white board.

"Good morning," I pull the door shut behind me.

"Oh, Angelina!" She spins around, "come look!" I stand next to her and look at the pile of papers, books and notebooks. On a white board she cut out pictures of the heads of Zelena, Rumplestilskin and Peter. They're placed in the middle of the white board and circled. Lines expand from the circle that lead to a marker drawing of a heart and a sword. "I've done my research!"

I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Anyway," she glares at me. "I realized, I don't think Zelena necessarily needs a sword. Otherwise, why go to the trouble of fighting for it. I think it represents something."

"Something like?"

"Well, Nick literally fought a version of himself. It must be something psychological. An emotion maybe. Bravery? Fear?"

"So a symbol? How sleep deprived are you right now?" I ask her.

"Well, I couldn't sleep so around 2 am I started this all at home and then I brought it here."

"Great. I didn't sleep well. Let's go to Granny's diner and get some coffee and then come back."

Belle and I walk down the quiet street to Granny's diner. On the way, Belle is quiet and keeps to herself.

"So how are you doing with this?" I ask her.

She shrugs with her hands in her coat pockets. "Not very well, honestly. I've never slept well when Rumple isn't home and now everything's just off."

I nod. "I get it, I just got Peter back and Zelena already has him as her guard dog. It feels like he was stolen from me again."

"Also, Rumple's dagger is missing."

"What dagger?"

"The dark one dagger. Whoever has possession of it is control over him. That's the loophole to his powers."

"You don't think that Zelena has it, do you?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe to control him. But for a spell? I don't really know."

"It's possible," I hold open the door to the diner for Belle and I to walk through and head to the counter.

Granny stands behind the counter and smiles at me. "Angelina!" She rounds the counter and hugs me. "I'm so glad you're back. I'm not sure I ever told you."

"Oh I know, Granny." I hug Ruby's grandmother back before ordering. "Can I just get a medium caramel iced coffee?"

"Sure thing doll face. For you Belle?"

"I'll just have a medium French vanilla coffee."

Granny nods and rounds the counter as Belle turns to me. "Iced coffee in October?" She laughs.

"Don't hate. There was no coffee on Neverland. I wasn't very pleasant in the mornings. Just ask Nick."

Belle and I take a seat at the counter to wait on the coffee as I hear a voice in my head, "Angelina."

I turn around on my chair and look through the small diner. Only a few people sit in booths eating breakfast. I turn to Belle and find her scrolling through her phone. I shrug and turn back around.

"Angelina."

I whip around and grab Belle's arm. "Ang? What's wrong?"

"I heard something."

Granny sits our coffee order on the table. I quickly pay, grab my cup and run outside. Belle quickly rushes out after me. "Angelina!"

I stop in the middle of the road and turn, looking in all directions.

"Come find me."

Something about the voice sounds familiar. Belle finally catches up with me and stands in front of me. "You didn't hear that?" I ask her.

"Hear what?" She places her hands on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"It's telling me to come find it."

"Who is? Ang, this is scaring me." Belle pulls me back onto the sidewalk.

"I don't know! I can't tell, it isn't clear. It's more like a whisper."

We both stand on the sidewalk in silence. I run a hand through my hair in frustration. "What's it saying?" Belle asks.

"Nothing."

She nods, "okay. Let's at least get out of here and back to the library. This doesn't sound good."

Belle and I spent the next few days researching in the library. I'd wake up early in the morning, grab coffee at the diner and then meet Belle at the library. We'd stay there until it got dark outside before we would leave. Ruby stopped by a few times and Nick usually comes with me now to help out. We gathered all of my mother's spell books and some of Rumplestilskin's books. One day I spent the whole day looking through spell books so see if anything jumped out at me but nothing has.

"Belle this is hopeless. We know just as much as we did the first day." I groan.

"Honestly, I think you guys should take a break," Ruby closes the book I was reading. "Call it quits for today."

Belle looks away from the white board and sighs. "I think she's right."

"Come on," Ruby links her arm with mine and waves goodbye to Belle as we head back to my house.

It's been a few days since I've heard anything from the voice that's been calling out to me. I told Nick and Ruby about them and we agreed not to tell anyone else. Nick thinks it's only the stress that I'm putting myself under. But I've been in Storybrooke for almost two months and we've only seen Peter when we fought in the clock tower. Ruby seems to think it's a sign from Peter himself, which only makes Nick worry. He worries for Peter, who is now a slave to the wicked witch, but he says he also worries about me. He thinks I'm putting too much pressure on myself to find Peter. But Peter and I are connected. We have been since the first day we spoke in Neverland, when he agreed to let me off on my own. Since that day we've had a special bond. Nothing of two lovers, but of two soulmates.

Exhausted, I climb the stairs and change my clothes into a t shirt and sweatpants before falling into my bed. I pass out immediately and dream of Peter.