Chapter 9 ➼ 𝓈𝒶𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

I follow Peter through the forest in silence. Occasionally he turns back to look at me or holds back the grass and brush from my path.

I wrack my brain, trying to think of something to say to him. I don't know what to think about him. He was harsh when I first arrived on the island but has lately softened up. Especially when I'm in danger. I'm not sure how to feel about being here on Neverland. I often wonder about my mother and father. I didn't really talk to many more people than them.

I miss the familiarity. My castle. My own clothes. My bow.

Maybe I can ask Peter for a bow of my own while I'm here.

"You okay Angelina?"

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Peter turns to me.

"Oh, yeah. Just thinking."

He smiles as he pulls the vines back and gesture for me to enter. I step through the vines and my eyes widen.

A large oak tree stands in front of me which holds a large tree house. It's big enough to be a small house. Wooden boards are nailed into the tree bark, leading to the entrance in the floor. A tire swing hangs from a large branch.

"Do you like it?" Peter stands next to me.

I shake my head, not taking my eyes off the tree house.

"C'mon, I'll show you the inside."

Once inside, Peter leads me up a grand staircase made of dark cherry wood. I follow him to the right and enter a master suite bedroom. A large white bed sits by the window and a large bookcase. I go to the window and open the glass. The view is amazing and takes my breath away. You can see a large waterfall that empties out into the ocean to the left and to the right you can see above the forest trees.

"I come here to get away," Peter leans against the frame of the bedroom door.

"From your lost boys?" I smirk.

Peter chuckles. "Especially them."

"It's so nice here."

"You can stay here whenever you want."

My eyes light up, "really?"

He nods. "I'd like to show you the rest of the island first."

I follow Peter out of the tree house and he helps me back onto the ground.

"I was thinking first we'd go to the waterfall, then the cliffs that overlooks the whole island and then lastly I want to show you my favorite place on the island."

We went to the waterfall first, the same one where the mermaid attacked me. I think Peter could sense that I was anxious about the mermaids because he stayed close by my side the whole time. He showed me an easier way to get down the waterfall. The lost boys dug out a pathway that leads to the beach. Peter walked through the water in the ocean but I stayed on the sand, pulling it through my fingers. Peter explained to me that the mermaids have been gone for a while but that they've come back so I shouldn't go near the water without one of the boys. He told me that the mermaids usually stay closer to the water from the waterfall but he still wants me to be cautious.