Chapter 14 ➼ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽

A/N: hi guys! I'm so sorry this took forever to update

A/N: hi guys! I'm so sorry this took forever to update. I'm struggling a little with how I want to progress this book. I know exactly what I want to happen, I'm just struggling how to move from point A to point C in the book.

Also, listen to "Legends" by Kelsea Ballerini during Ang's vision. (It starts in the italic print.)

Thanks for hanging in there and I so greatly appreciate your support.

- AB

————————————

Angelina's POV

"Just stay still," I tell Thomas as I tie the tourniquet around his arm.

"You're just going to keep bruising my arms."

"You're the only person that I can't get blood from," I sigh. "I need to keep practicing."

Thomas kept his promise about training me. We've been side by side in the tunnels all day researching, testing and practicing. I did some researching and found out how to insert a small needle and withdraw blood. This will allow us to preform tests on the blood in case someone gets sick or poisoned, which unfortunately happens more than you'd think.

I've been drawling blood from Peter and the lost boys all afternoon and Thomas is the only one that I keep missing.

"Ready?" I ask him.

He nods and watches as I insert the small needle into his skin and aim for the small vein. The vein jumps, making me miss. I pull the needle out slightly, aim to the left and push it back in. Blood flows out of the small needle and into the collection tubing. I smile as I remove the tourniquet, remove the needle and hold pressure on Thomas' arm.

"All done," I sterilize the needle and place it in a separate container and start cleaning up the mess I made.

"I'm gonna go help the rest of the boys with dinner," Thomas rubs my shoulder and climbs out of the tunnel.

I tidy up the tunnels and the shelves that are strictly designated for healing. Thomas and I organized the shelving units alphabetically, in case someone needs something in an emergency situation. It will make it easier to find equipment. I use alcohol and sterilize all the equipment that I had just used prior. I wash out the sink, wipe down the counters and label the collection tubes that contains each of the boys blood. This way I can start my research against how to treat certain illnesses and poisons. I lock the collection tubes in a glass cabinet and pull out the journal that Thomas had given me to write in.