Chapter 7 ➼ 𝓂𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

We've been training a lot for the past few days. I've been training the two younger boys to shoot a bow, it brings back memories of my father teaching me to shoot a bow for the first time.

"Now, I want you to hold your bow with your left hand and the string in your right."

I do as my father says.

"Grab the end of the arrow in your right hand and rest the end on your pointer finger of your left hand," I adjust the arrow, "yes, just like that, Angelee."

I smile at the memory. My father always called me Angelee.

"Close your left eye, focus, aim at your target, and fire." My father squeezes my shoulder.

I close my eye, take a deep breath, and fire.

"Yes!" I hear my father yell. He picks me up and spins my 6 year old body around in the air. "Look!" He holds me in his arms and points at the target, running towards it. I reach out and grab the arrow, which landed two rings away from the center.

"ROBIN!" I hear my mother yell.

My father groans and brings me inside with him.

"I thought we agreed that she shouldn't learn to work with weapons." My mother says.

"No, you decided that." My father fights back as he sits me down.

"She needs to be more feminine!" She yells back.

"She needs to be who she wants to be, Regina!"

I walk into the other room, where my father keeps all his bows, knifes and swords.

"She might be Queen one day! She needs to look the part!" My mother yells back.

"She can look the part however she wants to!"

"My daughter is not going to look like anything less than a Queen. She will not look like a hoodlum!"

"And that's what I am?"

"Robin that's not what I meant!!"

I hear my father storm off and my mother run after him.

"Like this Ang!?"

I'm snapped out of my flashback and look over at Will.

He's holding the stem of the arrow instead of the stem past the feathers.

I readjust his hand and nod at him. "Now close your left eye, aim and fire."

He does as I say and fires the arrow.

His arrow flies through the air and hits the ring closest for the center.

"YES!" He yells, jumping around. "Oh my gosh, Ang! Did you see that?"