Chapter 22 ➼ 𝓁𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒾𝑔𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈

AN : Angelina's outfit is up top

Angelina's POV

The next morning I wake up in my own bed. It's nice, and quiet. Too quiet. Usually I wake up to the lost boys yelling or laughing. The silence is going to take some time to get used to. I get out of bed and immediately fall to the floor. I turn and find Nick asleep on the floor. I roll my eyes and quietly get up, heading to the shower. After my shower I pull on clothes before I towel dry my hair and brush through it.

I find Nick in the kitchen just looking around.

"A little out of place, huh?"

He smiles. "I can't even tell you the last time that I was in a real house instead of a tent."

I walk past him and turn on the coffee pot, "you can stay with us for as long at you'd like. As soon as we figure out where Peter is we can get my mom to help us get back to Neverland."

"You want to go back?"

I send him a confused look, "of course. Felix and the boys are still there, you guys are my family. Family looks out for each other." I hand Nick a mug and hug him. "Drink up, I told my dad that we would help him hunt the woods today."

A knock at the door startles us both. Nick gives me a wary look as I head for the door. I pull it open and reveal Ruby.

"Rubs! Oh my god!" I throw my arms around the girl who laughs.

"Angie! I missed you so much! I heard you were back and I literally left the diner and ran here."

I pull the girl inside, shutting the door.

"Oh, hi." Ruby stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of Nick.

"Ruby, this is Nick. Nick, Ruby. Ruby is my best friend from here and Nick is one of the lost boys on Neverland."

"Hi," Ruby blushes. "So what are you guys doing today?"

I shrug. "We were about to head out to the woods and help Dad search the woods for whoever took Peter."

"Wait, someone took Peter?"

Nick nods. "Or we think someone did. He fell through the same portal as Ang and I did when we ended up here."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go."

I lead the two outside and around back to the shed. I pull the doors open and slip inside.

"I haven't been in here in forever," Ruby speaks up from in front of Nick.

"What is this place?" Nick asks, looking around the cluttered shed.

"Ruby and I used to play in here when we were kids. Well, before she destroyed it and Dad turned it into his hunting shack."

Nick looks confused as Ruby speaks up, "you've heard of Little Red Riding Hood, right?" Nick nods. "Well you're looking at her. Except without my cloak I turn into a wolf."

"A wolf?"

"A wolf. A real wolf. The day that I found out what I am, we were in here playing and I just phased. Totally destroyed this shed." Ruby laughs at the memory.

"Granny didn't let you leave the house for weeks." I laugh at the girl.

"Yeah, yeah." She turns to Nick, "don't worry. I can control it now. It's just on the full moon that I actually need my cloak on."

"Interesting," Nick grins at the wolf as I grab my old bow and arrow pack. I sling it around my back before handing a set to both Ruby and Nick.

"You know how to use that?" Nick asks Ruby.

She scoffs at him, "it's the twenty first century. A woman can know how to shoot." Nick raises his hands in surrender as Ruby laughs, "I'm kidding! But Ang and I used to practice with these babies all the time back in the day."

"Ahh. The good ol' enchanted forest days." I grin at her.

We head to the forest where I find Dad bossing around his men. He turns when he hears our footsteps and grins, "Angelee," he wraps me in a hug before turning to Ruby. "Haven't seen you around in a while, Red."

She grins, "Granny's been keeping me busy at the diner. What have you found?"

Dad drops his smile before shaking his head, "not much. Actually we seem to be losing more than we're finding. Recently some of the people of Storybrooke have been going missing towards the town line."

"We can't cross the town line." Ruby informs Nick and I. Nick looks like he's about to question in when Ruby cuts in, "bad things happen to those who try."

"So who's gone missing?" I turn to my father as he leads us further into the woods.

"Mainly my men, one of the dwarfs too. This thing that's taking them stays close to the woods."

After a whole day of searching the woods, we none find anything. We all meet back up at the town sign when a scream is heard. We all snap our heads to the source of the scream.

"John!" Dad yells.

My eyes widen as a creature emerges from the woods with a man in his grasp. The creature starts to fly away as we all run after it. I stop running and pull my bow out. I load it and aim right for the creature. I fire my bow and smile as I hit the creature's wing, making it fall to the ground. I shoot it again in the back and rush to the rest of the group.

"It's a flying monkey?" I hear Nick question.

I reach the rest of the group and step around Ruby to find a monkey with wings lying on the ground, dead. My dad turns to me, "call Emma. I have to take John to the hospital."

"Emma?" I question.

"Snow and Charming's daughter is the sheriff now."

Emma and my mother reach the town line and mom rushes over to me. "Are you okay?"

I nod as Emma inspects the dead animal. "Have you seen anything like this, Regina."

My mother glares at the dead monkey in the road. "Yes, it's definitely Zelena behind this. Maybe even my mother."

Emma nods as she loads the dead animal into the back of a pick up truck before helping Nick and Ruby into the backseat.

I turn to my mother before she can get in the car. "Mom, I need to tell you something."

"What is it sweetheart?" She cocks her head.

"It seems I'm following in your footsteps with your magic abilities. They showed up on Neverland and I could barely control them. Maybe when things calm down here you could teach me to control it?"

Mom pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around her waist. "Nothing is ever calm here. You'll learn that quick. How about tomorrow? I can teach you magic that will help us find Peter."

"I'd like that."

She throws her arm around me on the walk to the truck. "Your father called. John was bitten, and when they got him to the hospital they were too late. Your father said he grew a tail and wings before turning into one of those monkeys and bolting."

"So this bite can turn you into a rabid monkey with wings. Fantastic."