Chapter 13 ➼ 𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

I can't sleep. I've been lying in bed for what seems like hours just staring at the wall. I haven't slept well all week because of the dreams I've been having.

They always start out the same, I'm in a dark room by myself as a screen shows me multiple clips or scenes. I've been able to identify some people, like my mother and my father.

Each night I have to scream myself awake, waking up all the lost boys in the process. Tonight I refuse to have that dream.

Peter lies beside me in the tent, sound asleep. He hasn't moved an inch since he fell onto the bed and passed out.

I slip out of the bed and pull on black leggings, a large grey shirt and my boots. I grab my cloak, sling my bow across my back and secure a few arrows before slipping through the entrance of the tent. The camp is silent, only the sound of small animals can be heard.

I make my way to the training fields hoping that shooting arrows will tire me out. I can't stop thinking about the dreams that I've been having as I walk down the cleated path. I've seen my parents in my dreams multiple times, but in two different places. The first, the Enchanted Forest. Many of these visions take place within our castle, but they don't look recent. The castle is much bigger than the one I've been seeing in my dreams. Almost like this castle is from the past. The second, some kind of small town. But in these visions, my parents are dressed differently than what I'm used to seeing them wear. Mom ditched her crown and her long gowns for business casual skirts and blazers while Dad now wears street clothes rather than his general war uniform.

I reach the training field and start shooting. I do my best thinking when I'm shooting with my bow.

I aim my first arrow and shoot, missing the target. I squint my eyes and aim again. The second arrow misses the target as well.

"What in the world," I mumble to myself. I rub my eyes and aim a third arrow, still completely missing.

I notice my vision has gone blurry. I squint my eyes again as everything around me starts to get brighter until all I see is white.

Another vision passes my eyes.
It's a girl about my age. She's taller than me, skinny, pretty. Her brown hair is in waves that reach to the small of her back, her eyes are a deep brown and she's reaching her hand out to me.

I grasp her hand as she pulls me up from the ground. She adjusts the red cloak around her shoulders and pulls up the hood.

"I think I fought them off," she looks around.

Snow sits on the ground beneath my feet and the sky changes to dusk. A little ahead of me lies two hunters. Their crossbows are still in their hands and their eyes are open as blood pours from the wounds on their bodies. I look away as the girl puts her arm around my shoulder.