Chapter 12 ➼ 𝑜𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓊𝓅𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂

Angelina's POV

Angelina's POV

Isolation.

This is the only word I can place on the emotions that I'm feeling. I look around, turning in circles. Nothing but darkness surrounds me. The air is cold and damp. For miles in either direction there is nothing in sight.

"Peter!?" I call out into the darkness.

"Nick!?"

Nothing. Not even an echo of my own voice can fill the silence.

"Felix!?"

Nothing. I turn on my feet and run. I don't know where I'm going but I know that I have to find a way out of this darkness. The only sound that I can hear is my own breathing. I can't even hear the sound that should be produced by my feet hitting whatever floor I'm running on. I turn to the left, finding nothing. I spin to the right. Nothing again.

"Where am I!?" I yell out, hoping someone will suddenly appear with all the answers.

My breathing increases as I realize that there's no way out of here. I look around quickly when I hear a sound. An almost thumping sound. I run towards the sound, only, the sound never gets louder and quieter like it should if I were to be moving toward the source. I throw my hands over my ears, which only makes the sound increase in volume. The thumping increases. It's my heartbeat. I groan at myself for being so ridiculous.

I try to focus on my breathing. I sit down and place my head in between my knees. Just as my breathing starts to slow, a bright light shines above me. I throw my hand up, shielding my eyes. I stand and squint, looking into the light. Everything around me slowly turns from black to grey to white. A sharp pain shoots through my chest, like I've been stabbed. The pain makes me fall to my knees. I clutch my chest, finding nothing protruding. I feel faint as my vision goes blurry.

It's almost like a screen is placed behind my eyes as I feel myself become more dizzy. And suddenly, I feel my body fall over.

It's almost like watching a movie, but from one characters point of view. Like the movie was filmed while attached to an actors head. Almost like you're watching through someone else's eyes.

I watch as a scene from a wooded area comes into focus. I can tell the person who I'm watching from is at a young age, judging by how close I am to the wooded ground. I can hear the crunch of leaves under my feet as I walk. The woods is secluded by large oak trees that reach so high that the leaves all look one one giant patch of green. I can tell there are other people there too, but they don't come into focus.

"Angelee! I'm so proud of you." I hear.

I feel myself lifted off the ground, as this person before me spins me around. I hear the laugh of a small girl just before the scene switches.

I'm walking through the streets of a small town. The town isn't anywhere near crowded, just a few people are walking around. I'm still unable to make out their faces. Several buildings line the road. I pass a sign that reads "Main Street." The ringing of a bell sounds as a door is pushed open and I walk through. I'm standing in a small dinner with booths and a counter. I can tell a girl with dark hair is standing behind the counter.