Chapter 19 ➼ 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Peter's POV

Peter's POV

"Angelina!"

Her whole body goes limp as she falls to the ground, I'm able to grab her head before it hits the ground. I ease her to the ground and shake her shoulders.

"Ang! Wake up!"

Nothing.

"Angelina!" I yell louder and continue to shake her.

Nothing.

I quickly press my lips to hers, hoping that true love's kiss can break whatever she's fallen to.

Yet again, nothing.

I check for a pulse and find nothing. Oh god. I quickly place a preservation spell on her body and lift her into my arms before teleporting back to camp.

"Thomas!!" I run into the tunnels and place Angelina's body down on one of the counters.

By now all of the boys have crowded the tunnels.

"What happened?" Thomas yells over all of the other boys questions.

"She just fell. I - I can't, I didn't feel a pulse. I put a preservation spell on her so I could get her here. "

Thomas quickly begins to assess Angelina as Felix comes to stand by my side for support. "You did the right thing, Pan."

"What happened before she fell?" Thomas continues to assess Angelina as Nick and Liam grab every available journal they can find.

"She remembered, we danced," I search my brain for anything else that happened.

"Did she say anything?" Felix asks.

My heart drops. "She said I love you."

Each of the boys stops what they're doing to look between myself and Angelina.

"Brody! Take Calvin and Will with you and search the trail, she had a backpack with more journals and must have dropped them when she first remembered and broke the curse. I need those now!" Thomas yells as he pulls out different needles.

"What - what are you doing?"

"I need to run tests. Maybe I can find out what kind of spell she's under."

I shake my head as tears slide down my face. "What can I do?"

Thomas looks at me with sad eye, "get the rest of the boys out of here. I need space to work."

I nod and wipe away the tears, "you heard him." The boys silently leave the tunnels as I pull up a chair next to Angelina's body, placing my head in my hands.

I must have stayed in that same position for hours as Thomas and Liam drew every test and read every journal that anyone could think of. Felix took over the boys for the rest of the day so I could be with Angelina.

I hear running just as Tinkerbelle and Ariel sprint into the tunnels. "What happened?!"

I can't even form words as I break down in front of them.

"Peter?" Tinkerbelle kneels in front of me, "come outside."

"If anything happens you come get me."

Liam nods. I follow the fairy and the mermaid outside to the campsite. "What happened? Nick came and got us and said something had happened to Ang."

"Peter," Felix enters the camp, "I'll explain everything to them and Nick has the boys. Maybe you should go get some air."

"I can't leave her."

"Liam and Thomas have her, she's going to be okay."

I say nothing as I storm off into the woods in the same direction that I came just hours ago with a lifeless Angelina in my arms. Watching the life fall from her eyes is stuck on repeat in me head. Once I reach the clearing I fall to my knees and scream out, throwing everything that I can get my hands on. Nothing seems to relieve this pain in my chest. I continue this until I'm so out of breath I can't do anything except fall to the ground and just lie there.

Angelina is my everything. She brought out the good in me and taught me to love, as stubborn as we both are we seem to click.

I can't lose her again.

Before Angelina came to Neverland I was ruthless, cunning and monstrous. I was so focused on building an army of lost boys that I didn't care if they lived to see the light of day. All I wanted was revenge. Revenge on my family for leaving me as an orphan. Revenge on the sorcerer for taking me to this treacherous island. Revenge on my own shadow for making me my own prisoner. Little did my shadow know, that if I'm trapped here so is he.

A while back we found a loophole, my shadow has the ability to travel between worlds only in the night to bring children to Neverland in their dreams, after a while I became greedy and wanted children here permanently.

So my shadow found boys who felt unloved, unwanted and a waste of space to join me. I trained them until they couldn't take it anymore or until their death. The plan was to gain enough magic from their trust and faith in me that I would be able to send all of us back into the Enchanted Forrest and seek out my revenge.

Then Angelina came. Blackbeard had kidnapped Angelina as a ransom against her mother, the Evil Queen, nicknamed for her dark past. Blackbeard docked on Neverland and she escaped on to the island.

It wasn't love at first sight with us. She was on the island for over a month before she finally let me take her in and supply her with clothes, food and a shelter. She was determined to take complete care of herself. Eventually she helped me train the lost boys and became a friend, mother-figure and sister to them all. Angelina became fond of the boys long before she would even talk to me.

Our love story is slow moving in the beginning. She barely even looked at me until after Blackbeard attacked the island is hopes of taking her back. I was almost stabbed with a pirate's sword until she shot my attacker straight through the heart with an arrow. She still jokes about my "damsel in distress" moment.

After that I made it my goal to provide better for her and the boys. I provided better quality training with the boys, mostly lead by Angelina. When she was done with them, every single one of them knew how to knock out their opponent with one strike to the temple. I connected with each of the boys and that's when I made Felix my second in command. Angelina clicked with him the fastest and I trusted her judgement.

When Ang was taken from us the first time, Felix made it his mission to prevent me from going back to my old ways. "Ang, wouldn't want that," he would always tell me.

And knowing that made her being gone slightly more bearable. I used all that anger and sadness and channeled it into finding her.

Now that she's back, we might lose her again. For good.

She was the light.

Not just for me but for the boys as well. She made a unique connection with every one of the boys, even Tink and Ariel.

God I can't lose her.