Chapter 24 ➼ 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎

AN : Angelina's outfit is up top

Angelina's POV

I wake up the next morning to find Nick and Ruby in the kitchen reading through books.

"Umm, what are you doing?" I ask, grabbing a mug.

"Making a list of all the spells that require a heart." Nick doesn't look up from the book.

I arch an eyebrow, "isn't that like a lot?" I fill my mug with coffee before sitting next to Nick.

"Uh huh," he slides a notebook to me. Inside I find 5 full front to back pages of the names of spells that include a heart as an ingredient.

"Guys, this was really great of you, but until we know more about what she wants we can't really narrow our choices down by what spells need a heart."

Ruby glares at Nick, "I told him the same thing two hours ago."

I close the book Nick was reading and take the pile of books back into my mother's office.

"Well now what? We just go hunt the witch down and hope she won't try to kill us?" Nick groans. Ruby and I make eye contact before Nick cuts in again, "Oh no. Don't get any ideas. Guys I wasn't serious!"

"Nick she has Peter," I start walking up the stairs to my room with my mug still in my hand.

"Yeah! And the last time you saw him went so well right?" Nick stands at the bottom of the stairs. Ruby smacks him on the back of the head and sends him a warning look.

"If the roles were reversed he'd do anything to help any one of us," I continue into my room and get dressed. I pull on light ripped jean shorts and a white tank top before tying up my wedge ankle boots and pulling on a light leather jacket. I throw my hair into a quick messy bun at the bottom of my neck and head back down the stairs.

"Ruby had to go to work. Shouldn't we at least tell your mom where we're going?" Nick runs a hand through his hair.

"Since when did you become the responsible one?" I smirk before heading to the shed for my bow and arrow.

Nick and I trudge down an old dirt lane through the north side of the woods. I'm armed with my bow and Nick carries one of my father's swords.

"You're sure that your dad won't get mad if I get this dirty?"

I giggle, "Nick it's fine."

After a few minutes of silence Nick speaks up again, "how do you know for sure that if we find him, he's going to come with us?"

"Not if, when." I lower my bow and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "And I don't. I don't know anything, I don't even know how to control my own magic yet and I'm going up against some of the three most powerful people that I've met. Zelena, she's after me. She tried to make Peter take my heart. My own aunt wants me dead and everyone looks to me like I know what I'm doing and I don't. I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know how to even start to find Peter, let alone how to snap him out of whatever trance Zelena has him under. We don't know why she's here. I don't even know how to get back to Felix and the boys."