Chapter 8 ➼ 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝒾𝒹?

Peter Pan's POV

Peter Pan's POV

I storm off through the woods towards the mermaid's lagoon. I didn't even realize the mermaids were back in Neverland.

"Pan!" I stop walking and turn around, glaring at Thomas as he runs up to me. "Let me come with you."

"I don't need help, go back to camp."

Thomas continues to walk beside me, "I want her back too, I just don't want you to do something that you're going to regret later."

"I just need answers."

"Since when were the mermaids back?"

"I don't know." We continue towards the lagoon.

I have so many questions that need answering. Who was this mermaid and why was she trying to kill Angelina? Has she always been on Neverland? If she had, and had known Angelina, I can't imagine why she would want to kill Angelina. I need to talk to Ariel. Ever since Ariel banished Ursula from this end of the sea, Ariel has ruled the mermaids. And ever since Angelina showed up to Neverland the first time we all got along with the mermaids. The Lost Boys even got along with Tinkerbell. Angelina became very close with Tink and Ariel. It was good for her to have some other girls on the island. I imagine living with teenage boys for her was difficult, especially in the beginning.

When Angelina left, Tinkerbell and Ariel disappeared as well. The Lost Boys searched the whole island for the three of them and never found them, although Tinkerbell's treehouse remained untouched and nothing was missing. We didn't think Tink left the island. Ariel on the other hand, never showed herself or the mermaids again when they discovered Angelina's disappearance.

Thomas and I emerge on the beach of the lagoon.

"Come out, sea witch!" I yell as I start to walk into the water.

A mermaid appears grinning at me. "Hello Peter." Her jet black hair lies flat, dripping with sea water and her blue tail reaches out behind her.

"You do not have permission to call me that," I snap at her.

She rolls her eyes.

"Where is Ariel?"

"Gone. She left me here to watch over the lagoon."

"Bring her back now," I spit through my teeth.

"And why would I do that?"

I snap and use my magic to squeeze her neck, choking her. I lift her out of the water and throw her on the sand.

"Do it or I'll kill you, right here. I'll give you a slow, painful death and I'll enjoy it. It's been so long since I've gutted a mermaid."

She gasps for air and shakes her head.

"No?" I squeeze harder and pull my sword out of the belt on my pants.

Her eyes widen as I walk closer to her and place the tip of the sword on her exposed stomach. "Okay! Okay!"

I let her go and cross my arms. In between the mermaid's coughing and gasping for air, she pulls the shell-shaped necklace to her lips and blows into it like a horn.

A few seconds later, Ariel and several mermaids emerge from the surface of the water.

Ariel places a bracelet on her wrist which allows her to grow legs.

"Pan, what are you doing to my sister?" Ariel walks onto the beach.

"Good to see you too," I smirk. "Care to tell me where the hell you've been?"

She rolls her eyes, helping the other mermaid back into the water. "Looking for Ang."

My smirk drops. "You didn't tell me this."

"I didn't know I had to run everything that I do by you." She places her hands on her hips. "She was my friend too, you know."

"Well I need to talk to you, Angelina's back -"

"What!! She's back?! And you didn't come find me as soon as you found her??"

"Give me a minute to explain, Ariel. She lost her memories. Her mother placed a curse on her, dragging her back to the Enchanted Forest, wiping her memories and replacing them with new ones. She has no memories of Neverland."

"What? I knew I hated the Evil Queen for a reason," Ariel shakes her head and runs her hand through her hair. "Okay, how to we break the curse?"

"We don't know, Felix and I are working on it."

"Well, have you tried true love's kiss?"

"I would, if she remembered that she loves me."

Ariel's face falls, "well, that's a problem."

"Sorry to interrupt," Thomas speaks up, "but have you guys seen Tink by any chance? She disappeared around the same time you guys did."

"I haven't but I have a good idea where she would be." Ariel smiles, "follow me."

Angelina's POV

"Let's get you in some dry clothes," Nick helps me up and walks into Peter Pan's tent. He looks through a pile of folded clothes and hands me a pair of navy leggings and a tight, light grey v-neck shirt. I walk into the bathroom and strip off my wet clothing, hanging them over the shower to dry. I pull on my new clothes and come back to the tent where I attempt to brush my hair.

"Here, let me." Nick takes the brush through my hair as I sit in a chair.

"Thank you," I close my eyes as Nick pulls the brush through my hair. "Would you like me to braid it?"

"You know how to braid?" I laugh.

"Yeah, an old friend taught me." Nick starts parting my hair into three sections.

"Who? There was another girl on the island?"

Nick laughs to himself, "no not really." He finishes my braid and smiles at me, "let's go join the other boys."

We emerge from the tent just as Peter Pan and Thomas come back into camp. Peter's eyes lock with mine, he smiles and walks over to me. Nick pats my shoulder and joins the other boys as they start to gather weapons.

"I'm so glad that you're okay," Peter Pan says as he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight. "I'm sorry that that happened to you, I should have told you where not to go on the island, I should have warned you, I didn't know that the mermaids were there, I - "

"Hey," I pulled back from his embrace and placed both hands on the side of his face. His arms still rested around my waist. "I'm okay, just shook up. And I doubt I'll go near the water again since I've now have two near-death experiences in it."

Peter smiles as I laugh at my own sinister joke. "That's not funny. But I want to take you on a proper tour of the island while the boys finish training if that's okay with you."

"I'd like that."