Chapter 10 ➼ 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇

A/N: hi guys! I listened to the link above of the Gasoline x Believer mashup while writing this chapter, so if you want to listen to it while reading I supplied the link for you! Thanks for reading!  - ab

A/N: hi guys! I listened to the link above of the Gasoline x Believer mashup while writing this chapter, so if you want to listen to it while reading I supplied the link for you! Thanks for reading! - ab

Angelina's POV

It's been about two months since I've been on Neverland and I couldn't be happier. Each day I wake up (sometimes with Peter next to me), eat breakfast with the Lost Boys and Peter, train or hunt until lunch time, then we either play games or have free time in the afternoon, we eat dinner together and then before Peter sends the Lost Boys to bed we sit around the fire and spend quality time together. It really allows me to connect with each of the boys. Once the boys are in their tents Peter and I spend time together one on one. Usually we sit on the cliff, hangout in the clearing that he showed me or talk either in his tent or the treehouse.

Peter and I have grown closer. I'm much more comfortable around him as he is becoming more protective over me. He usually doesn't allow me to go far on the island on my own and makes sure one of the Lost Boys stays with me when he isn't able to. We usually share a bed since Peter doesn't have any spare beds. Some of the Lost Boys offered me their bed and even tried to move one into Peter's tent. But I've grown quite fond of sleeping next to Peter. Recently Peter has been vanishing throughout the day and he'll show back up to the camp site around dinner time. He never tells me where he's going. He just calls for a few of the boys to go with him and usually leaves Felix in charge.

I've even met some girls on Neverland. I met Tinkerbelle and Ariel a few weeks ago and we grew close very fast. Tinkerbelle has been on the island almost as long as Peter has been. She is the leader of the World of the Fairies and has her own private headquarters on Neverland. Ariel is queen of the mermaids and has recently moved back to Neverland. When I'm not with Peter and the Lost Boys, I'm usually with the girls. It's nice having girls to talk to.

As far as training goes, I've gotten quite experienced with the knives. I've expanded my fighting skills as well. I've been training with the Lost Boys more recently, especially with Nick. He's been training me to fight and to hunt. The other boys help out too, but he's the one that spends the most time with me, asides from Peter.

"C'mon Angelina, keep your guard up!"

I smirk, focusing on the wooden sword in my hand as I block Nick from his attack.

"Good!" Nick encourages me.

I swing my sword down and to the right, aiming for his knee. Nick easily blocks my attempt to take him down and takes a swing at my hip, regaining his balance. I take a step back without avoiding a hit to my side. That's gonna leave a bruise. I spin around on my toes, swinging to the left, then up, then to the right, blocking Nick's every move.

"Tighten your grip. That way you don't lose it." Nick yells out as he slams his sword onto mine, sending it flying across the clearing. "Like that," he smirks.

I let out a groan as I rub my sore knuckles.

"Wanna keep going?" He grins as he twirls his sword around his hand.

I turn on my heels and grab my sword. "Again."

Nick charges at me. In one swift movement, I'm able to block his sword and hit him behind the knee, making him stumble a little.

"Good, I taught you that last week."

"I'm almost better at it than you are." I smirk.

He swings at my legs, I jump over his sword and swing at his hip, hitting him. He lets out a grunt as my sword hits his thigh. Nick swings at me again, his sword hitting against my arm. After a few minutes of just blocking each other's advances, I hit Nick in the stomach and twist my sword around his until his grip loosens too much and his sword goes flying.

I smirk as he looks at me with a look of shock that quickly turns into a large grin that covers his whole face. "That. Was. AWESOME!!" Nick runs towards me and picks me up, hugging me in his arms while he spins me around.

I hear clapping as Nick sets me down. Peter and the rest of the boys emerge from their hiding places among the trees. I blush as I realize that we had an audience the whole time.

"You guys were watching the whole time," I glare at Peter as he raises his hands in a defensive stance.

"Yeah! You were amazing Ang!" Will runs up to me grinning.

I ruff up his hair and grin back at him. I look around at each of the Lost Boys who have easily become some of my best friends. They're all smiling at me with approval. Even Calvin, who has been distant since my arrival, is smiling at me with sincerity in his eyes.

"I think you're ready for a real sword." Peter turns on his heels and pulls something shinny from behind the brushes where they were just hiding. Once he is standing directly in front of me, he presents me with a long metal sword.

I examine the sword in my hands. It's quite heavy and looks similar to the swords my father would display around the castle. I grasp the black leather handle in my hands and tilt the metal towards the sun. The metal of the sword shimmers against the sunlight, producing an almost blue color. I drag my fingers against the cool metal. Its shaft is smooth, yet sharp enough to leave a serious injury with one hit.

"It's beautiful."

"It's yours."

I look at Peter confused as he straps a holder for the sword around my waist.

"Seriously?"

Felix then grins at me as he takes the bow off from around his shoulders that I didn't notice before and hands it to me. "And this is yours, from all of us."

"You got me a bow?"

"We made you a bow," Felix smiles at I stare at him in awe.

I search for words as tears form in my eyes. "I don't know what to say."

"We love you Ang," Will wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my free hand around him while my other hand holds my new bow. "Look," Will points to the inside of my bow. Carved into the dark wood is a small "A. H."

"You guys engraved it?" I look around at the boys, my eyes land on Calvin, who is cracking a grin at me. "Calvin, is that a smile?" I smirk at him. He rolls his eyes but smiles at me. I open my arm that's holding my bow up to him, he looks at me for a minute before giving in and hugging my free side.

"Group hug!"

Within seconds I'm surrounded by eight boys, and in that moment I've never felt more love in my life.