Chapter 20 ➼ 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇

Peter's POV

Peter's POV

In the end, we couldn't bring her back. Each of the Lost Boys threw themselves into research or gathering herbs for certain medicines for two weeks. We saw no progress. It was finally Tink that spoke up through her tears, "she wouldn't want this." That was enough for the boys to question their motives. Yes, we all love her. But we love her enough to put her life before our own selfish needs.

"Tinkerbelle is right," Felix spoke up. "She and I spoke about this before she disappeared. She didn't want to be like this."

I shake my head "I can't let her go. Not like this."

"We've tried everything that we can. I think it's time." Thomas reasons.

I look back at her body that we moved into a bed in the tunnels. She still wears the same dark dress and her hair is still in curls that lie across her shoulders. Tinkerbelle redoes her makeup everyday to keep her skin her normal rosy color, even though we all know that without the preservation spell that I cast, her skin would soon turn grey and lifeless.

"We can build a volt to keep her body in," Felix suggests.

"No, she would want a casket."

Felix nods as he leads most of the boys out. Ariel and Tinkerbelle stay behind. "We can change her, get her ready."

Without a word I exit the tunnels and head to my tent. I lie in bed as I wrack my brain for anything that we haven't already tried to save her. Every book that I can find says that true love's kiss can break any spell, well we've tried that so many times. Angelina is the love of my life, and yet my kiss can't save her life. I've finally come to face with the fact that I'm cursed to live forever without her by my side. With that, I drift off to sleep and dream of her.

A knock on the door awakens me. Felix steps through, "she's ready."

I pull on my cloak, pulling the hood over my head and lead the boys, Tinkerbelle and Ariel to the clearing. Angelina's body lies in an open wooden casket. The casket is made from cherry wood and has elegant wooden vines decorating it. The lid to the casket has a partially glass top where the vines intertwine. Angelina is dressed in a long white gown and her hair is straight and partially twisted behind her head, forming a crown. Small yellow flowers are placed in her hair as well. I tear up as each of the boys place a flower in her hands. Tinkerbelle gives me a sad smile and hands me a purple flower after she and Ariel place two yellow flowers with her. I walk up to her casket, placing the flower from my hands into hers. I stroke her cheek and return to my place in between Felix and Nick.

"I thought she would want us all to say something," Tink stands next to Angelina's head. "Ang, when you first came to the island I just knew that we would be the best of friends. You gave us a third girl on the island, and although we were still outnumbered by the boys, you completed our little family." She wipes away a tear and continues. "You taught me so many things. You showed me how to be independent, and strong, and you taught me how to fight for myself and how to put myself first. But most importantly, you taught me how to love. And for that, I will owe you for eternity. I love you, and I will never forget you." She takes another look at Angelina before standing next to Felix, resting her head on his shoulder.