Chapter 18 ➼ 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Angelina's dress is up top along with the song that she and Peter dance to

Angelina's dress is up top along with the song that she and Peter dance to ... Peep the beauty and the beast gif.

*squeals in excitement*

Angelina's POV

I wake up to Peter running his fingers through my hair. My head lies on his bare chest and his arm wraps around my waist.

"Good morning, love."

"Morning" I groan.

Peter laughs to himself, "still not a morning person, I see."

"Not at all," I mumble into his chest.

"We've got plans today, gotta get going before we miss them." Peter kisses my forehead and climbs out of bed.

I groan and shove my face into the pillow before dragging myself out of bed and into the shower. After my shower I pull on black leggings, a thin light navy blue sweater and my boots. I twist my hair into a low messy bun and join Peter in the main room of the tree house. He smiles at me and takes my hand, lacing his fingers with mine as he pulls me behind him and out of the tree house. We walk hand-in-hand until we meet up with some of the Lost Boys in the center of camp.

Nick, Felix and Thomas sit around the fire, talking. Their eyes snap up and lock on my fingers interlocked with Peter's. A wide grin spreads across each of the boy's faces. Nick jumps up and wraps his arms around me, spinning me in circles.

"You look happy Ang, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks Nick," I smile.

"So are you two like, together together? Or like what?" Felix smirks.

I look at Peter as he awaits my answer. "Umm, I guess." My response comes out more of a question than an answer.

Peter just smiles, "one day at a time, Ang."

I nod.

"Well I'm taking the boys hunting," Peter speaks up. "Thomas, would you mind staying with Angelina?"

"Since when do I need a babysitter?" I scoff.

Thomas gasps. "And I thought you liked hanging out with me."

I laugh, "oh, c'mon." I link my arm with Thomas' and pull him away from the rest of the boys.

"I had some stuff in the tunnels that I wanted to show you anyway."

Thomas and I spend all afternoon in between the tunnels and the woods, researching and collecting data on the White Oak tree that stands right in the middle of the dark forest of Neverland. Thomas believes that its sap could be the antidote for certain sleeping spells.

I hike through the woods behind Thomas, carrying a backpack on my back full of our research journals, water canisters and now full collection containers, while carrying a knife in my hand. The dark forest can play mind tricks if you let it get into your head and is full of dreamshade and other deadly plants. Thankfully last week the Lost Boys spent the day digging up plants and torching a safe path for Thomas and I to use to gather our research.