Chapter 35 ➼ 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇

AN : Angelina's dress is up top

Angelina's POV

I awaken with a jolt as my bedroom door bursts open from it's hinges. My mother stands in the doorway with a large smile plastered to her face.

"Mom? What's going on?" I ask as I prop myself up on my elbows.

"Quick! Get dressed! I have something to show you!"

She closes the door on her way out before I pull myself from the bed. I throw on the first clothes I find, which consists of a pair of ripped jeans and a black tank top. I tie my hair in a bun on top of my head before venturing out of my bedroom and down to the kitchen.

I pause at the bottom of the steps as I find family and friends gathered in the kitchen. Peter stands at the kitchen counter and quickly makes his way over to me. "Do you know what this is about?" Peter asks me.

I shake my head, eyeing those who linger around the house before I say, "No. I was going to ask you the same thing."

"Nick knows and he won't tell me," Peter glares at the boy who smiles and waves from the living room.

"Well that's rude," I mutter as my mother and father enter the room.

The small talk quiets as my mother speaks. "Angelina, Peter. With everything that you two have been through I think that you, well all of us, deserve a celebration. And what better celebration than a wedding?"

My jaw drops as I struggle for words. "Mom, I have nothing planned," I finally gasp out as Peter squeezes my hand.

My mother holds up a hand as she quickly leaves the room before returning seconds later with an all too familiar book on her grasp. "But you already do, my sweet girl." She sets the book on the counter as I move to stand beside her and my father. "Remember this?"

"Of course I do," I smile as I flip through the pages of the wedding planner that I made with my mother when I was just a little girl. "But mom, I made this when I was six. And so much has changed."

"See, I knew you'd say that too," she responds before leaving the room again.

I glance to my father who shakes his head with a smile as he says, "Angelee, your mother has kept me awake since three in the morning with this."

My mother returns into the kitchen with her most valued book of spells as she glances to me. "Well, let's go."

"Wait, wait, wait." I shake my head. "A wedding? Today? How is that even going to work?"