Chapter 3

A few minutes later, we appear in the courtyard of Alfea, with Roxy standing right besides me. "Welcome back, Winx," Ms. Faragonda says, with a genuine smile on her face. We say hello to our friends, before approaching the headmistress.

"Ms. Faragonda, we need to talk to you," Bloom states, with a serious expression on her face. The headmistress nods lightly, before leading us to her office.

We explain our situation, as worry creases her forehead. "I never thought this would happen, but you girls have to acquire the ancient power of Sirenix in order to defeat Tritannus," she states, as I stare at her in alarm.

"How do we do that?" Musa asks, intently staring at her for a moment. The headmistress heaves a sigh, before looking at Bloom. "Bloom, you need to talk to your sister," she says.

"A-Alright..."

"She knows the location of the Sirenix book," Ms. Faragonda informs. I put my hands on my hips, before nodding lightly. I walk alongside Rena and look at the ground, as we leave the room. In my current situation, I cannot help but to think of Tritannus.

He has always been my favorite cousin. We've always been super close. Him and I would have splash fights when I was younger, we would always explore the waters of Andros, and we would also play tag and hide and seek.

Perhaps, I could talk some sense into him. Nobody knows him like I do. He genuinely cares for me. I glance over at the rest of the Winx, as Roxy walks around the dorm in pure amazement. When she joined our group, we managed to get a dorm room that was able to fit all of us.

"Aqua, are you okay?" A voice asks from behind. I slowly turn around, being face to face with Rena. I heave a sigh, knowing that I'm the only one that Tritannus might listen to. "Yes, I believe so..." I say softly.

"You're not about to do something stupid, are you?" She states. I chuckle to myself, as a confident look forms on my face. She knows me too well. Even so, I can't let her know about what I'm about to do. I shake my head, knowing that I'm lying to her. Of course I'm going to do something rash and impulsive!

"I just need to go to Andros," I say, as she studies me for a moment. I try to avoid her gaze, feeling nervous about her response. I rush to my room, soon realizing that I'm sharing a room with Roxy.

She smiles sheepishly. "I'm sorry that I put my stuff everywhere," Roxy says. I glance around, noticing that she's almost finished. I shoot a grin in her direction, before snapping my fingers, which completes my side within seconds.

"I need to leave," I say, as she nods slowly. I hurry into the courtyard, feeling hopeful and determined. Although this is my only option for right now, perhaps this isn't the best idea. I leave the school and then enter a forest, locating a water source within minutes.

If I want to talk to Tritannus about this, then I must be crazy. "Tritannus!" I state, as my heart hammers within my chest. Is he really going to show himself? A few seconds later, the image of a monster appears in the water before me. His eyes widen in surprise upon seeing me.

"Aqua," he acknowledges. "Why'd you call me?" I look into his red eyes, as tears form in mine. Not only does he look adamant about his decision, but I doubt that he's going to back down. I narrow my eyes at him, trying to seem confident. He heaves a sigh, before staring at me for a moment.

"Tritannus, why are you doing this?" I question, as he eyes me carefully. "Please... Tell me..." He frowns for a moment, as I cross my arms and intently stare at him.

"My father picked Nereus," Tritannus admits. "I deserve to be king." I look at him for a moment, as pity forms in the pit of my stomach. Ever since I can remember, the only thing he's wanted was to become king of the underwater kingdom.

"Tritannus..."

"Listen, Aqua..." He says, as his face softens. "Since you have always been my favorite and beloved cousin, I want you to join me. I don't expect you to answer right away, but please get back to me soon." I stare at him in pure astonishment. What?

"I..."

"I'll give you some time," Tritannus states. The image of his face fades, as I fall to my knees, with tears streaming down my cheeks. He gave me a choice. Why? What am I supposed to do now!?