Chapter 22

I return to the emperor's throne, as Tritannus and the Trixs wait there. To my surprise, they completely ignore me. That's when the shaking stops. The Winx must've succeeded in saving the pillar!

I swim to Daphne and Nissa, as they worriedly look at me. "You helped them get the seal?" Daphne questions, as I purse my lips and glance at Nissa for a moment.

"Nissa..." I murmur, as she intently stares at me. I stick one hand through the bars, as she quickly grabs it. I use my fairy dust to wipe away the spell around her, as Nissa's eyes widen in shock. She quickly goes through the bars, before giving me a hug.

"Get out of here," Daphne orders. "The Trixs and Tritannus went to refuel his powers." I nod in response, as Nissa turns to look at Daphne. She meets my gaze, before swimming away. A warm smile forms on my face, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. She's safe!

After that, I hurry after Tritannus and the Trixs. If anything, I need to stop them once and for all. "Magic orb, teleport me to earth," I instruct, as sparkles completely surround me.

Within seconds, I appear on earth. I glance around, noticing the Winx facing off against Tritannus and the Trixs. I rush towards the scene, as my older cousin's eyes land on me. "Aqua, attack them," he orders. I stare at him for a moment, as a smile forms on my lips. Since Nissa is no longer in their custody, I can help the Winx stop Tritannus.

"After everything you've done, there's no way I'm helping you," I say sharply, as his eyes flash dangerously. "Tidal wave!" A large wave rages towards them, hitting Tritannus and the Trixs head on.

By the time the water clears, they're gone. "Aqua!" Bloom calls, as I turn to face them. "Daphne told me everything! Are you okay?" I eye her carefully, feeling their nervous expressions.

"Don't act like you care," I state. "Perhaps, I was being rash, but that doesn't give you the right to insult me like that. I wanted to explore the infinite ocean, but before I could do that, Tritannus captured both Daphne and Nissa. Not only did I want to save my selkie, but I wanted to save Daphne for your sake, Bloom."

"Aqua..."

"You hurt me," I point out, as their eyes widen in horror. I intently stare at them, as they lower their heads in dismay. "I don't think I'll ever be able to trust you the same way," I add.

"Aqua, I'm sorry," Rena says, as tears stream down her cheeks. "I should never have said any of those things. Will you please forgive me?" I look at her for a moment, as my heart ferociously hammers within my chest.

"Me too," Roxy states, standing right next to me. "Aqua, I genuinely look up to you. I'm really sorry." I eye her carefully, before stepping away from them.

"I..."

"I understand why you're upset with us," Bloom acknowledges, lowering her head in dismay. "You have every right to be, and I won't expect you to forgive us. But, please... Allow us to make it up to you..."

The other girls offer their apologizes, as tears stream down their cheeks. I anxiously bite my lips and stare at them. As much as I want to give them another chance, I'm scared. I don't want to be hurt like that again. Even so, life is too short to hold onto stuff like that.

"I forgive you," I say softly, which causes them to stare at me with wide eyes. Bloom puts her arms around me, before the other girls follow right behind her. Tears stream down my cheeks, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach.

Once we pull away from the hug, a serious expression forms on my face. "Now, let's go after Tritannus," I state, looking over my shoulder to where he previously was.

"He left awhile ago."

I nod. "I know," I say, running a hand through my hair. "Even so, we need to stop him and fast. The reason he's going after the pillars is to obtain the seals to become the emperor of the infinite ocean."

"The situation is more serious than we originally thought," Tecna notes, before taking out her phone and typing away. "If he manages to become the emperor of the infinite ocean, then he'll be unstoppable. Not only will he have control over the infinite ocean, but with a single thought, he could destroy the entire magic dimension."

Roxy frowns. "What should we do...?"

"We need to come up with a plan to stop them," I respond. "Our best course of action would be to return to Alfea and do research on our current situation."

Rena shoots me a smile. "There's the Aqua we all know and love," she remarks. I exchange a look with her, feeling strangely happy. I genuinely missed them. It won't be long until we take down Tritannus and save the entire magic dimension.