Chapter 20

As I leave Red Fountain, rain pours down from the sky. I lower my head in dismay, knowing that all of my work is done. Now, I have to return to the infinite ocean and figure out what those dreams mean.

"Aqua: Sirenix!"

Within seconds, I appear within the infinite ocean

Within seconds, I appear within the infinite ocean. I glance all around, as a bright smile forms on my lips. It looks so lovely today! To my own surprise, Nissa didn't show up to greet me. Perhaps, she's busy today.

I swim forward, admiring the different features of the infinite ocean. I sit on the sand next to a coral reef, wishing that I could protect others. If I wasn't so weak, then I wouldn't regret anything.

All of a sudden, a portal opens. My eyes widen in surprise, as I duck behind the reef. I just hope the Winx didn't follow me. I peer over the reef, as Tritannus, the Trixs, Daphne, and the mutants swim out of the portal. They hurry forward, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing that they know exactly where they're going.

Once they pass me, I stand up and intently stare at them. For some reason, I want to see where they're headed. I heave a sigh, before becoming one with the water and following closely behind them. In a matter of minutes, they arrive at their destination. My eyes widen in shock, as I carefully examine the area. In the center, there was a strangely familiar throne. 

The throne was unique. Not only did it contain an ominous presence, but the throne was missing a leg. Because of that, it's safe to assume the throne wouldn't work properly. I run a hand through my hair, before swimming away. Perhaps, I should just leave them be. I hold out my hand and summon my orb, deciding to watch the Winx.

"I feel bad about how we treated Aqua," Rena states, before looking over her shoulder at the other Winx. I look around the room, noticing that their faces were puffy and red from crying. "Same here. It's our fault," Bloom agrees.

"If only we tried to understand her..." Musa murmurs, clenching her fists. "Aqua has always had a sixth sense for these types of things. Not only that, but it seems that she always knows when things are wrong." The others nod in agreement, as tears form in my eyes. I miss them so much.

"Girls, I have some bad news!" Stella declares, staring at her phone with wide eyes. This captures their attention, as she purses her lips in concentration.

"Stella, what's wrong?" Flora questions, placing her hand on her shoulder. Stella sighs heavily, before choking back a sob. "She broke up with Jax," she states, as their eyes widen in shock.

"That's very strange," says Aisha, who scrunches her brow in concern. "She deeply cares about him. The only reason she would break up with him is if she intended on never returning."

"Never returning? You don't mean..."

"I'm not completely sure what she's thinking these days," Rena admits, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration. "Even so, I know that she wants to help Tritannus. I think we subconsciously turned a blind eye to her desire to help her cousin and acted selfishly."

"You're right." Aisha frowns. "As her cousin, I can't help but blame myself. She wanted to help Tritannus and stop him. Now, I understand where she was coming from."

Silence fills the room, as the girls lower their heads in defeat. "Stella, how's Jax holding up?" Bloom questions, looking over her shoulder at the said girl.

"According to Brandon, he isn't handling it that well," she admits. "He started some intense training and won't listen to anyone else. Brandon told me that Jax is planning on pushing himself to his limits to become stronger."

"I think we should visit Red Fountain to get a better idea of the situation," Bloom says sternly, as they nod in agreement. I make my orb vanish into thin air, before rolling my eyes in annoyance. Their actions won't change a single thing. I've already decided to quit the Winx and leave for good. Nothing will change my mind.

"My little cousin," a voice comes from behind. My eyes widen in surprise, as I slowly turn around and find myself face to face with Tritannus. What is he doing here? Was I spotted? How did he realize I was there?

"Tritannus." My voice sounds strangely empty and cold. "I'm not in the mood for your crap." He eyes me carefully, as mutants begin to surround me. I intently stare at him, feeling apathetic about the entire situation.

If I want, I could wipe them out in one hit. "It seems you're no longer part of the Winx," he notes, as I shrug my shoulders. "Little cousin, you could always join me to get revenge on the Winx for hurting you." I eye him cautiously, before shaking my head.

"I won't." I meet his gaze. "I'll admit that it's a tempting offer, but it's not right." He shoots a glare at me, as I run a hand through my hair. I look at the mutants through the corners of my eyes, before exhaling sharply.

Tritannus becomes dangerously quiet. I shift nervously, not wanting to accept his deal. He clenches his fist around his trident, as I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at him.

"Tritannus, I'm not on anyone's side," I state nonchalantly. "I'll remain completely neutral. If you want to take over the infinite ocean, then go for it. I won't get in your way anymore." He chuckles to himself, as a smirk forms on his face. I stare at him in alarm, as a chill races down my spinal cord. Something isn't right!

"You don't have a choice," he says harshly, before revealing a weakened selkie in his hand. My eyes widen in horror. Nissa! "No..." I say, clenching my fists in desperation.

"A-Aqua..." She chokes out, being on the verge of tears. I look at Tritannus, as a dark smirk appears on his lips. He planned this, didn't he? I scrunch my brows and grit my teeth, as my heart ferociously hammers within my chest. "Let her go," I demand, as Nissa stares at me with wide eyes.

"The only way I'll release her is if you join me," Tritannus states. I lower my head in defeat, wishing things didn't have to be this way. I think back to the conversation the Winx had, recalling how genuinely sorry they felt. "I..." I start, looking over at Nissa.

He tightly holds her within his hand, as she scowls in pain. Her life really is his his hand. "The choice is yours," Tritannus says. I look at Nissa, knowing that this is the only way to save her. If I side with him for now, then I can ensure her safety.

"I hate you," I say bitterly, glaring at him. "But... I accept." He smirks for a moment, before releasing Nissa. She quickly swims towards me, as I hold her close to my chest and heal her. "Aqua, we have to do something," she whispers.

"I'm not sure," I admit, lowering my head in defeat. "Even so, I'll gladly turn everyone against me to ensure your safety." She looks at me for a moment, with pure worry in her eyes.

A second later, Tritannus' mutants grab my arms and trail right behind him. I protectively hold Nissa in my arms, feeling strangely safe. "Oh, my little cousin, there's so many things I want to do," Tritannus states, as I meet his amused yet stern gaze.

It doesn't matter what he does to me, but as long as he keeps his word and doesn't harm Nissa, then I'll obey him. She's one of the only friends I have left. I left the Winx and broke up with Jax. The only reason I'm still holding on right now is because of Anahita and Nissa.