Chapter 19

We soon return to the courtyard of Alfea. My friends glare at me, as a chill races down my spinal cord. "Aqua, what the hell was that!?" Rena demands, as I lower my head in dismay.

"That was stupid!" Stella declares, as my hair covers my eyes. They're right. I'm stupid to think that I could've been strong enough to save Daphne and stop Tritannus.

"Aqua, I thought you were better than that," Aisha remarks. "You've never been this stupid before. What happened?" I roll my eyes, feeling strangely numb. Of course she would say something like that.

"I can't believe I actually looked up to you!" Roxy exclaims. I lift my head, attempting to drain my face of any emotion. If anything, I was completely over this situation.

"Shameful."

"Stupid."

"Idiot."

"Weak."

"Pathetic."

All of those insults surprised me. I shrug my shoulders, allowing for my past self to come out. "I guess meeting you was a mistake," I say coldly, before snapping my fingers and destroying the bracelet.

Flora's eyes widen. "Aqua..."

"I also quit the Winx club!" I declare, crossing my arms in annoyance. "Joining you was the biggest mistake of my life. Don't talk to me again. Good riddance! Good luck trying to find a person to replace me."

I turn and walk away, as tears stream down my cheeks. My next stop is Red Fountain. This part was undoubtedly going to be the worst. I have to do it. This is going to hurt. I stop at the school, as my heart hammers within my chest. Red Fountain.

I enter into the school and walk towards the corridor, before stopping at a dorm. I wipe the tears from my cheeks, before knocking on the door. Jax answers the door, as I struggle to keep my composure.

"J-Jax..." I choke out, as he stares worriedly at me. "I-I'm sorry..." Tears stream down my cheeks like a waterfall, as I start to shake uncontrollably. I lower my head in dismay, knowing this would be the hardest thing ever.

"Aqua? What happened? Are you okay?" He asks worriedly, as I fall to my knees. I don't want to do this. I don't want to hurt him. He's the person that means the most to me.

"J-Jax, I have to leave for awhile..." I admit, wiping the tears from my eyes. "I-I don't know if I'll ever return... I've already left the Winx..." He pulls me close to his chest, as I start to sob uncontrollably.

"Aqua, I'll go with you."

"I-I don't want to hold you back..." I choke out, burying my face into his chest. "In order to protect everyone, I'm going to do something real stupid. I'll sacrifice myself if it means stopping my cousin."

"Let me assist you."

"You're one of the most powerful individuals I've ever met," I admit, staring into his yellow eyes. "The last thing I want to do is hold you back. You have so much potential and could become so powerful. I don't want to hold you back, so I-I'm breaking up with you..."

"A-Aqua! Wait!"

"You'll find someone else and move on," I say, as tears roll down my cheeks. "I-I'm so sorry..." I scurry away, wishing that the life I previously had never happened to begin with.