Chapter 30

As the Winx leave the room, I look over my shoulder at the selkie. "Phylla, summon all of the gate keeper selkies and tell them to go to earth," I state, as she nods in agreement and dives into the water.

"What's your plan once you see Tritannus?" Tresa questions. I shift nervously and purse my lips, feeling her curious stare. I heave a sigh, before meeting her gaze.

"I'm going to release all of the mermaids from his spell," I state, as a smile forms on her lips. "I have to save them." Suddenly, the doors of the room open, as Sky walks into the room with Jax.

Jax's eyes land on me, as I stare at him with wide eyes. "Aqua," he says, before approaching me. Tears form in my eyes, as my heart hammers within my chest. He stops right in front of me, as I notice the bracelet on his wrist.

"Jax..."

"Aqua, we need to save earth," Nereus states. I heave a sigh, before staring longingly at Jax. The only thing I want to do right now is stay and talk to him. "Aqua, wait!" Jax calls.

"Yes?"

He looks at the bracelet on his wrist, as a smile appears on his face. "Sky mentioned that I'll be able to breathe underwater and go to the infinite ocean with this bracelet," he mentions. "Is that true?"

I nod. "Of course."

Jax grins, before jumping into the water. I nod in his direction, as Tresa and Nereus chuckle to themselves. They head underwater and lead the way to the earth gate, as all of the gate keeper selkies patiently wait for us. "Nissa!" I call, as she swims to me.

"Aqua!" She states, as she cheerfully swims around me. I nod in Phylla's direction, as she opens the gate to earth. "Come on, everyone," she states.

We follow her through the portal, before heading straight to the surface. Once the warm air hits my face, I immediately realize that we're in Paradise Bay. Pollution completely fills the bay, as I clench my fists in desperation. "Everyone, Tritannus is here! Get ready to attack!" I declare.

Jax taps my shoulder, having a stern look on his face. "Aqua, once this is over, I really need to talk to you," he says, as I look at him through the corners of my eyes.

"I understand." I nod in his direction, as a scream comes from across the battlefield. I quickly swim in that direction, only to see mutants surrounding a human boat.

"Help!" The woman shouts, as I hold out my arm and pick up the mutants using giant water bubbles. I look at them, as relieved expressions appear on their faces. "Everything will be alright," I say in a reassuring tone.

"Thanks," the dad says. I glance around, as mutants begin to surround the boat once again. I clench my fist, as a powerful wave comes from the boat and launches the mutants back into the water. "Magic orb, put a shield up to protect these humans," I order, as a crystal-like barrier surrounds them.

That's when I notice Tritannus getting away. I dive underwater, before racing after him. I look to the right, noticing that the Winx were also chasing him. "You fairies are really getting annoying!" He declares.

"Tritannus!" I declare, as his eyes widen in shock. The Trixs charge at me, with smirks on their faces. "We're a lot stronger than we were," Icy states.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. No matter how much they've improved, they don't stand a chance against me. "It won't make a difference," I point out, raising my hands above my head. The water around them becomes boiling hot, as they shriek in pain.

"Icy, when she became the empress of the infinite ocean, she surpassed human limitations," Darcy states, with wide eyes. "Nobody stands a chance against her."

"Actually, you're wrong," Jax's voice comes from behind. "I'm the only one who can compare against her, even when she's the empress of the infinite ocean. In other words, you're just wasting her time."

He holds out his hand, as a powerful orb charges at them. Tritannus raises his trident and attempts to block the attack, which launches him to the ground. I raise my eyebrows in astonishment, looking at Jax in pure amazement.

"I see you've improved as well," I state, shooting him a smile. "Now, I've been intending on doing this for ages. Magic orb, release all of the mermaids from Tritannus' spell."

A few seconds later, a bright light comes from the surface and starts to turn the mutants back into mermaids. As the light does down, Tritannus and the Trixs were gone.

A second later, my Sirenix box appears before me. "Aqua, you have rescued all of the mermaids and greatly pleased destiny," my guardian says, as my eyes light up. "What is your wish?"

"I want to become a fairy once again," I say abruptly. She scrunches her brow in concentration, before shooting me a sympathetic look. I shift nervously, knowing her reaction isn't good.

"I'm sorry, Aqua..." My guardian murmurs. "The power of emperor's throne is too much for us. We are incapable of doing anything. You need to find a power far greater than Sirenix to ask." Just as she vanishes into thin air, tears stream down my cheeks. By becoming the empress of the infinite ocean, I made the worst decision in my entire life.