Chapter 31

A little while later, I sit on my throne and think about the words said. It's impossible for me to become a fairy once again and rejoin my friends. I bury my face in my palms, as tears stream down my cheeks. I don't care anymore. My purpose for living is gone.

My life is completely ruined, and it's my fault. The second I sat on this throne, I threw my old life away. Even so, I didn't have much of a choice. Destiny chose a horrendous fate for me, and I just accepted it without much forethought. "Aqua, please cheer up..." Nissa begs, placing her hands on my shoulders.

What's the point? I can no longer go on amazing adventures with the winx and help them save the day. Instead, I'm trapped here with an important responsibility to protect the infinite ocean. As for Jax and I, he's one of the most powerful wizards to ever exist, while the empress of the infinite ocean. We're forced to be apart.

"You'll get through this," says Serena, who has a look of determination on her face. I clench my fists in desperation, wishing that I could believe them. If anything, my friends could be in trouble, and I'm stuck on this pathetic throne. All I want is to fight by their side once again.

"We'll find a way," Lemmy says in a reassuring tone. "Aqua, we know you want to become a fairy more than anything in the world, and we promise that we'll help you." I shoot her a warm smile, before holding out my arms. The selkies swim towards me, as I engulf them in a hug.

Suddenly, my bracelet appears on my arm. My eyes widen in surprise, as I raise my left hand. "Aqua!" Roxy's voice comes from the bracelet. "We need your help! Tritannus has attacked Andros!" I raise my eyebrows in astonishment, before looking over at the selkies. They nod in my direction, as a look of determination forms on my face. My friends need me, and I'll help them no matter what.

After that, we head to the Andros gate. Lemmy swims ahead and opens the gate, as we enter the underwater kingdom of Andros. I close my eyes in concentration, feeling the winx's, Tritannus', and the trixs' energies coming from the bottom of the ocean. I nod in the selkies' direction, before swimming forward.

A few minutes later, we arrive to the scene. The winx were facing off against the Trixs and Tritannus, being completely out of breath. "You're going down!" Bloom declares, narrowing her eyes at Tritannus.

"Tritannus," I say abruptly, which captures everyone's attention. "I'm here to settle things once and for all. You have no right coming to Andros after everything you've done." He stares at me in pure amusement, as I meet his gaze.

"Selkies, let's help the winx!" Nissa declares, as they swim towards the Trixs and send attacks at them. I turn to stare at Tritannus, knowing that I have to be the one to defeat him. Although he's much stronger compared to the last time we faced off, there's no way in hell he can beat me!

"You'll regret coming here when I'm through with you," I threaten. "Not only do we have a lot of memories here, but you have turned your back on your family. I have a duty as the princess of Andros and empress of the infinite ocean to stop you." His eyes flash dangerously, before he clenches his fists on his triton and prepares to fight me.