Chapter 9

Just as we appear on Earth, I instantly spot the polluted waters. "This has to be Tritannus' work," I say sharply, before looking at my friends. If this really is his work, then this is the moment he'll figure out for himself which side I'm really on.

"Aqua, don't jump to conclusions," Tecna warns, as I shoot a glare at her. "We will find the source of this and put a stop to it." I roll my eyes in annoyance. This has to be Tritannus and the Trixs! We quickly approach the scene, as my heart hammers within my chest.

"Look what the cat dragged in," a familiar voice comes from behind. I turn around, being face to face with the Trixs. I look at my friends, as they nod in my direction.

"Winx: Harmonix!"

The Trixs stare at us, with serious yet cautious expressions on their faces. "You'll regret coming here!" Icy declares. I smirk in her direction, putting my hands on my hips. It's adorable how she thinks they have a chance against us.

"Try me!" I challenge, as her eyes widen in shock. Last time, I made my choice. I chose to stay with the Winx. I bet Tritannus didn't take the news too well. "You can still join us," Darcy states.

I glare at them. "How many times do I have to tell you no!?" I declare, crossing my arms in annoyance. "I've already made my choice! It's no!" I send a powerful beam of water at them, which launches them to the ground.

"Their magic...!" Icy shrieks. "It's different and stronger now!" A smirk forms on my lips, as I stare at them in amusement. Tecna and Musa remain by my side, with confident looks on their faces. "We'll see about that," Stormy says, creating a tornado around us.

"How many times do I have to tell you that won't work?" I ask, holding up my arms and making the tornado vanish into thin air. "Now, leave." We simultaneously fire orbs at them, as horrified expressions form on their faces.

"Retreat!" Icy shouts. They hurriedly approach Tritannus, whose exiting the scene. He exchanges a look with me, before diving into the water. The Trixs vanish into thin air, as I put my hand over my chest.

All of a sudden, our Sirenix boxes appear. A gem floats over and lands on one of our seashell-shaped Sirenix boxes' legs. My eyes light up, as a smile forms on my face. They did it! If anything, this means that we have to head back to Alfea right away.

We return to the beach, where Bloom's adoptive parents are. Bloom engulfs them in a hug, as I maintain a serious expression. "I'll miss you," she says, as I look over at Musa and Tecna.

"What deal did they want you to agree to?" Tecna asks abruptly, intently staring at me. I heave a sigh, wishing that I didn't keep it a secret from everyone for so long.

"When I was younger, Tritannus and I were extremely close," I admit, as they stare at me in pure shock. "I was hoping that if I asked him nicely, he would stop."

"I'm assuming that didn't go well," Musa remarks. I nod slowly, staring at the ground for a moment. A soft wind blows against my hair, as tears form in my eyes. "He gave me a choice. Join him or stay with the Winx," I say sadly.

Bloom looks over her shoulder at me. "That means you had to choose," she acknowledges. "And, you chose us." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and smile softly.

"Yes." I nod. "I've been telling them that, but the Trixs simply can't understand. Don't know why. I mean, I made it pretty clear to them on countless occasions." Bloom chuckles to herself, before glancing at Tecna and Musa. The three of them wrap their arms around me, as tears stream down my cheeks.

After our hug, Bloom smiles and nods in my direction. "Now, let's return to Alfea," she states. I summon my orb, before teleporting us back to Alfea.