Chapter 32

I intently stare at Tritannus, knowing that I have to defeat him. If I can stop him here and now, then my actions of becoming the empress of the infinite ocean wouldn't have been meaningless. I glance at the winx, as they successfully knock down the trixs.

He points his trident at me, sending a beam of pollution in my direction. I hold my arm, as a shield forms right in front of me. He charges at me, before swinging his trident at me.

I duck under his attack, as his eyes flash dangerously. He fires another beam at me with his trident, as I backflip and casually avoid his attack. "Is dodging the only thing you know how to do?" He mocks.

"No." I extend my hand and send a powerful beam at him, which knocks him to the ground. I slowly approach him, as an arrogant smirk forms on his lips.

"Little cousin, you really need to stop underestimating me," he states in pure amusement. I eye him cautiously, before holding out my arm and preparing to land the finishing blow.

Suddenly, a piercing pain forms within my head. My body starts to shake uncontrollably, as I clench my trembling fists. I look at Tritannus through my blurry vision, as a smirk forms on his lips.

"What's wrong, little cousin?" He mocks, before hitting me with a wave of pollution. I slam into the rocks and cough out blood, before gasping for air. Spots fill my vision, as I fight to remain conscious.

Kill him, a voice echoes through my head. I dig my nails into my head, as blood pours down my face. T-This can't be happening...! Not again. This is really bad timing! I won't let the darkness control me! I need to keep fighting no matter what!

"That's all you are, little cousin," Tritannus says, as something snaps within me. The darkness takes control, as a dark laughter comes from my mouth. "I finally am free," an intimidating voice comes from me, as I slowly rise off of the ground.

Yes, Aqua! Murder your own cousin! Completely destroy him! The voice continues. Tears form in my eyes, as my heart ferociously hammers within my chest. "W-Winx..." I choke out, as the world starts to fade away into nothingness.

"W-Who are you...?" Tritannus stammers, before cautiously backing away. My body acts on its own, as I raise my arm and launch an attack in his direction. Tritannus attempts to defend against the attack, but he falters and stumbles to the ground.

"Aqua!" Nissa screams, as I look over my shoulder at her. She needs to get out of here! You're so weak. We'll just destroy her along with the rest of them, the voice continues.

"Aqua was able to hold me back for sometime now," the voice states, before chuckling. "That was quite surprising, but I guess it makes sense because she's the fairy of the water stars. I'm finally free, and it's all thanks to you, Tritannus!"

Tritannus scrunches his brow in concern, as tears form in my eyes. I can't believe that I lost control. I look over at my friends, who stare at me with wide eyes. Because I couldn't keep my emotions in check, my friends along with the rest of the magic dimension are screwed.