Chapter 35

It doesn't take long to locate Tritannus and the Trixs. We hide behind a reef, as I carefully observe them. "We need to think of a way to defeat the Winx," Stormy states, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"Aqua is too powerful right now," Tritannus acknowledges. "If we were to defeat the Winx, then our best chance is to eliminate her first. Once she's out of the picture, then defeating the rest of them will be child's play."

I look at them in pure amusement. Do we go now? Rena questions, looking at me through the corners of her eyes. I shake my head, feeling strangely invested in their conversation.

"Maybe, there is something more powerful than the emperor's throne," Icy suggests. I arch a brow, as Tritannus furrows his eyebrows in concentration.

"There is, but it's impossible to enter without the permission of the empress of the infinite ocean," he states, before exhaling sharply. I then nod in Rena's direction, before we get out of our hiding spot and approach them.

"Water, freeze them in place," I instruct, which completely stops them from moving. The Winx send a variety of orbs at them, as a smirk forms on my lips. I launch a beam of water at them, which knocks them to the ground. "You'll pay for that!" Darcy roars, before appearing right behind us.

Just as she sends an beam of dark magic at me, Jax interferes and reflects her attack right back at her. "Trixs, I hereby exile you from the infinite ocean!" I declare, as an orb completely surrounds them. Within seconds, they completely vanish from sight.

The other Winx club members turn their attention to Tritannus, who clenches his fists around his trident. Bloom charges at Tritannus, before slamming him to the ground. "Leave him to me, girls!" She calls, chasing after him.

"Aqua!" A familiar voice comes from behind. I quickly turn around, being face to face with Nissa and the other selkies. They have bright smiles on their faces, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. "Is everything alright?" I question.

"Yes! We have something we want to show you!" Nissa exclaims, with a bright smile on her face. I nod in response, as the selkies beckon for us to follow them.

Within moments, we arrive at a cave. Jax and the others follow right behind me. "What is this?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. Nissa and the other selkies swim towards me, having enormous grins on their faces and dancing all around.

"In this cave, there's a door that can alter fate," Lemmy explains, as my eyes light up. "If you choose the right path, then you can turn back into a fairy." I stare at her for a moment, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach.

"Okay, I'll do it," I state, before turning to stare at Jax and the Winx. Nissa quickly swims towards me, with a worried expression on her face. "It should take a few weeks, and after your trial, you'll know if you passed or failed," she informs.

"I'll go..." I murmur, before glancing over my shoulder at Jax and the Winx. If all goes well, then I can become a fairy once again. I wave good bye, before entering the cave. I arrive at the door, as my heart hammers within my chest. I'll return to my friends no matter what! And, with that, I open the door and head into my trial.