Chapter Twenty:

[Miley's POV]

Ok I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, why did I not tell Justin about Luke? Well I just didn't wanna worry him. He's going on tour and he can't just cancel his tour to stay with me. I love his beliebers too much to do that to them. Plus, I think I'll be fine. I don't even think Luke is about anything.
*at school*

"Well hello Miss Miley, care to explain why you're late?" my English teacher asked when I walk in. "Um yes actually. See Justin's going on tour, his mom should be calling the school to inform them, and I had to be there to say goodbye at the airport. I couldn't just let him leave without a goodbye," I say. The girls in the class "Awe" then my teacher says, "ok, Well get out your notebook and take notes."

I do as he says. I sit next to Katie and she says "gosh girl, he really went on tour? This close to the end of the year?" she asks. "Yep and it's killing me. He just left this morning and I already miss him," I say. "Well what about all the other times he's went on tour, how did you cope then?" she asks. "Well then we weren't together, now that we are it's different. I don't know how, it just is," I reply. "Yea, let's just hope Selena wants to get in the middle of your relationship with him," she says. "What?" I ask with a,why did u even say that, look. "I don't know, you know how she is. Always getting in between other people's relationships...it's just a matter of time before she tries to do it to y'all,"she says facing forward again writing. I shake it off, knowing Justin wouldn't allow that.
*after school*

I walk in and yell "Mom? I'm home!" Then a puppy comes running out of no were and tries to jump up getting my attention. I've never seen her before. "Mom? Hello?" She then walks in. "Oh Hey dear, you're home early," she says. "Uh yea, where did this puppy come from?" I ask. "Well, I was planning on you going to Justin's house after school so I could surprise you, she's you're early graduation gift honey!" she says. My smile fades when she says Justin's name. "What's wrong sweety?" "Well, I would've been at Justin's house, but he left for tour this morning. I went to the airport with him 'til he left," I say. "Awe honey, I'm sorry. I know it's hard to see him gone for so long. Speaking of which, how long is it for?" she asks. "3 months, 3 months without him being around me mom," I say about to cry. "Oh darling I know you love him and always want to be around him, but it's not the end of the world. You'll see him when he gets back,"she says. I nod and go up to my room with my new puppy.

It's not that it's the end of the world, it's just that I'm afraid that what will happen if Luke does try to do something? I can't tell my parents cause then they'll want to move, and I can't leave my best friend. She'll be devastated! I turned on my radio to listen to music. "Hey there," I say to the puppy, "I think I'm gonna name you... Bella." She then barks when I say the name. "Ok, Bella it is," I say chuckling while petting her.

I then doze off to sleep and then wake up about 3 hours later to my phone buzzing. I checked it and it was a text from Justin.
From: Justin
Hey Miles!  you doing OK?
received: 8:50pm
To: Justin
Yes I'm fine, I thought you were gonna call me when you got there?
sent: 8:52pm

I waited a minute then another came through.
From: Justin
I will, I'm not there yet. I just couldn't stand it. I had to check up on you.
received: 8:54pm
To: Justin
I'm fine. I was actually asleep when you texted.
sent: 8:55pm
From: Justin
Oh I'm sorry baby. just wanted to check up in you, but since you're fine, I'll let you sleep. goodnight beautiful and sweet dreams ♡

I smiled when I read it then replied back.
To: Justin
Ok, that fine. and goodnight to you too. I love you ♡
sent: 8:59pm
From: Justin
I love you too. talk to you tomorrow my beauty queen
received: 9:01pm

I smiled content with his reply, knowing that what Katie said can't be true. There's no way Justin's going to let Selena in between us. I yawn, turn my TV off, then go back to sleep.