chapter 26

[Justin's POV]

we have exactly one more hour until wrong get to Georgia. I think I'm going to have an anxiety attack if we don't hurry up and get there.

I feel like a helpless person. Miley is probably somewhere getting hurt or something and I don't know where she is and I can't did anything about it right now. All of a sudden, my phone rings.

"hello?" I answer letting my panic voice sound through the phone.

"Justin! I just got back from the police station with Jimmy and they have broadcasted it to all other police stations and are gonna put it on the news, so if Miley has been anywhere out in public with Luke, people can contact the police and tell them where they last dark her at," Mrs. Megan says through the phone.

"OK good. Well we're about to land, so I'll see you at the house," I said.

"OK,.see you then," she said and hung up.

As I end the call, we are getting closer to the ground, then we smoothly land.

"Scooter we're here, wake up! Hurry!" I yell to him.

He immediately jumps up and we walk off the plane and head to Miley's house.

~

I knock on the door and Miley's parents open it and let us in.

"OK, so we need to get started and look for clues," I say when I step into the house.

"ok, so her last message to Luke was...before school started Wednesday. She must've came back to check on me because I was still at home before she left that Morning, and I guess I must've left just before she reached home," Mrs. Megan said.

"OK," I said, "how do you know she didn't go to school that day?"

"Well, the school called this morning and said she never showed up, so it was counted as an absence," she said.

"So they waited three days to inform you she never showed up?" I asked.

She gave me a puzzled look, "Maybe they just forgot to call."

"OK, Well...this is getting us nowhere," I said walking outside.

"Justin! Where are you going?" Scooter yelled after me.  I stopped at the driveway.

"Just as I suspected," I said once they all caught up with me.

"what?" Jimmy asked.

I looked up at them then looked at everyone's car tires.

"none of our car tires has these kind of tracks. Whoever has these tracks on the tires, they must've been in a hurry to get out of here. These are also custom made tires, so these tire tracks/designs aren't made off factory.

"Justin, look what I just found in the yard. A license plate. Luke must've slammed the trunk or something and it fell off," Scooter said.

"Well how are we supposed to find his car now if this fell off?" I asked.

"Well in the state of Georgia, just like Texas for example, state requires a front and back license plate. So chances are, we may still be able to find him," Jimmy said.

"Great! Let's call the detective and tell him what we've found so they can come investigate," I said as Mrs. Megan was on the phone dialing the number.