Chapter 1: The Deathly Hallows

Present time. The year 2000. 1 year after the battle of Hogwarts.

It had been a year since the battle of Hogwarts. Harry had moved into 12 Grimmauld Place after the war since it was left in his care by Sirius' last wishes.

Harry had gone back and taken the resurrection stone he had left in the forest. Hermione and he had been researching about the Deathly Hallows. They were together at the house while Ron was on one of his Auror missions.

"I think I've found it," Hermione said, plopping into the living room where Harry was sitting on the couch, looking out the window while sipping his tea.

She dropped the book down on Harry's lap. "Page 394."

Harry turned to the page, and there it was, The Deathly Hallows.

"Here it is!" She turned to the page and read it out loud.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered unbeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death."

"So how do we use that power?" He asked her.

"It doesn't say."

Harry sighed and slumped back onto the couch. "That's it then."

Hermione sat down next to him and rubbed his back in comfort.

"We've been looking for answers for a year now and when we think we're finally getting somewhere, it's a dead end." He sighed heavily.

"Harry..." Hermione looked at him. "I know I've asked you this before... but why do you need the power so badly?"

"I don't know, I'm just curious. I want to use that power for good." He tried saying, but Hermione could tell he was lying.

She got up from the couch and crouched down in front of him, taking his hands in hers. "Harry... Is this about Draco?"

"No..."

"Harry," she sighed and tilted his chin up so he was looking at her. "You've got to stop lying to me..."

Harry sighed heavily. "Yes..."

Hermione gave him a hug and that's when Harry's tears started flowing. "I-I just... I want to bring him back, Hermione, I can't live without him..."

"Shh... it's okay." She said while comforting him. "It's okay. We'll find something."

"You'll help me?"

"Of course I will, Harry." She smiled at him. "What are friends for?"

Harry couldn't forget about him. He couldn't forget about Draco since his death. His sacrifice for Harry. He never forgave himself and always blamed himself for Draco's death. He thought that by gaining the power of the Deathly Hallows he could at least be able to bring him back. He tried contacting him with the resurrection stone but it didn't work. Harry was losing faith. He was losing hope that he could never see the love of his life again.

"Is there anyone we can turn for help?" Hermione asked him.

"I doubt people will know much about this, not to mention word will go out that I possess the Deathly Hallows. I don't want people hunting me down again, thank you very much."

"Yeah, I know. The story's ancient and it's a fairy tale and all sorts of weird stuff. I doubt we could find someone who is obsessed with these things." Suddenly, Hermione's head snapped up and she grinned widely. "LUNA!" She shouted suddenly.

"What? What about her?" Harry asked, oblivious to what she meant.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "She can help us! Come on, let's floo her."

Harry immediately got to his feet and ran down to the kitchen in front of the fireplace.