Chapter 27: Gifts

Summer before 7th Year. 2 Years ago. The Burrow. Bill and Fleur's wedding.

Harry and Draco didn't sleep last night after their shots with Ron. Unlike Ron, who passed out on the couch, Harry and Draco just held each other in their arms as they laid upstairs alone in bed, enjoying the company the other. Draco rested his head against Harry's chest while Harry played with the long locks of platinum blonde hair, an action Draco only allowed him to do so.

"Harry?" Draco suddenly said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?"

"What did you tell them?"

Harry stopped his movement and Draco looked up at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Draco rolled his eyes.

"I mean why does everyone seem not to mind me being here, and not mind the two of us being-" Draco looked away with a blush. "- boyfriends. "

Harry smiled warmly at Draco's embarrassed tone, which he found extremely cute, he leaned down and pecked him on the cheek before holding his cheeks in his hands and stroking the pink blush with his thumb.

"I haven't told them anything but the truth." He smiled. "The truth of how brave you were."

Draco just stared at him but didn't say anything.

"I told them how you bravely renounced the death eaters, even though you knew you might die if you do so." Harry smiled and grasped his hand, stroking the back with his thumb.

"But I left." Draco finally said and looked away. "I was afraid."

"Everyone is afraid of something." Harry shuffled so that Draco was turned to look at him, sitting on Harry's lap while he had his arms around Harry's neck and Harry's arms around his waist. "But being afraid also means you're about to do something very brave."

Draco smiled warmly at him before resting his head on Harry's shoulder.

"I also told them about your father, and how that was all my-"

"-Shh!!" Draco glared and interrupted him. "Don't you dare say that again! It's not your fault, okay?"

Harry just sighed and nodded without looking at him. Draco shook his head sadly before moving forward and kissing him softly on the lips. Harry's eyes fluttered closed as he kissed back softly, warmth radiating through his veins as his hand tangled with Draco's strands of hair. He finally pulled away, and the both of them were panting. They looked at each other's lips before they met each other's gaze-

-and burst out laughing.

...

It was late on in the afternoon when the Weasleys helped set up the tent outside for Bill and Fleur's wedding ceremony, which was due to start in 3 hours. Harry came downstairs of the Burrow to help out when a newspaper article caught his eye.

DUMBLEDORE'S DARK SECRETS REVEALED!

RITA SKEETER LAUNCHES NEW BOOK

Harry's reading was interrupted when he saw Draco walk down the stairs in a suit. And he looked absolutely smashing. He wore a black shirt with a greyish white suit and suit trousers, and they perfectly hugged him in all the right places. His hair was not gelled but was combed naturally, to which Harry thought looked better, and his white bow tie standing out as Harry stared in awe. Draco walked towards him with a proud smirk.

"Like what you see?"

Harry just nodded naturally as he continued to stare. Draco smiled and noticed Harry's tie was done up horribly. He laughed and reached forward, feeling the soft material of silk in his hands. He tied the tie into a double knot while he and Harry both blushed like idiots and refused to meet each other's gaze.