Chapter 20: Capture

2 years ago. Summer before 7th Year.

Draco Malfoy had not been seen by Harry or the others since the day he left Hogwarts. He travelled to the Muggle World in order to keep a low profile and lived on another vacation home his parents bought. Draco hadn't told anyone of his whereabouts except for his mother, who he had sent a letter to in secret to the manor by attaching it to a ferret who Draco had imperiused to travel underground below the manors in the tunnels which only Draco, Narcissa and Lucius knew of.

It was then until one day, he had received an unexpected letter from his mother.

Draco

I don't have much time, but I don't think we can risk the exposure of each other by these letters any more. The Dark Lord has recruited a new Death Eater by the name of Ravenna. She has already killed one of the others just because he failed slightly in his task. She is cold and ruthless and I can't imagine what would happen to the both of us if she finds out what we're doing. Please, Draco. I beg of you to find Harry and the others for protection before it's too late. The order can protect you, worry not what happens to me, my darling and stay strong.

With love,
Mother

Draco shakily set down the letter on the table as he blinked his tears away and pointed his wand at it, incinerating any last bit of evidence. His mother was right, nowhere was safe for him anymore, and by the sounds of this new Death Eater, it seems that things could only get worse from now on.

That was when Draco decided to something extremely risky and reckless. He could only imagine his mother's suffering, all alone in the manor who she was sharing with the people who murdered his husband and had caused destruction to her family. Draco needed to get her out of there.

He stormed into his bedroom and waved his wand as his belongings slowly floated and shrunk into his black leather briefcase. Draco walked to the bathroom and cast a glamour spell on himself. His hair turned a golden dark blonde and his eyes turned brown. His hair turned curly and finally, his voice sounded much deeper.

He returned back to his room and grabbed his suitcase, and in a flash, had apparated from his room, back into the Wizarding world.

...

When Draco regained his vision, which was blurry from the apparition, he looked around and realised that he was nowhere near Malfoy Manor.

Shit.

His mother must've put up the apparition wards to prevent him from coming, she probably knew he was going to do something reckless like this. And now, Draco had apparated right into the middle of Knockturn Alley. Today was not his lucky day.

He needed to find a way to get to the Manor quick without being recognised. But that was already too late.

"Draco?"

Draco stood still as a rock without turning back, he didn't recognise the voice. It was hoarse and dry as if someone was speaking like they've seen a ghost. Reluctantly, Draco slowly turned around, still not knowing what gave him away, his disguise was still on, but that obviously didn't trick the person who was standing right in front of him.

And that person was Pansy Parkinson.

Pansy smiled with tears the moment Draco turned to her but Draco stepped back fearfully. He was happy that Pansy was here, still alive, but terrified that his exposure would risk the life of his friend.

Pansy seemed to see where he was coming from and tilted her head to a dark alcove in the alleyway connecting Knockturn Alley And Diagon Alley. She turned to her back and walked away, disappearing into the hidden spot. Draco waited for a minute before following suit.