Chapter 16: Sacrafice

3 years ago. 6th Year. Hogwarts.

Harry felt as though he too were hurtling through space; it had not happened. . . . It could not have happened. ...

Bellatrix cackled as she leaned across the railing and pointed her wand up at the dark sky and laughed manically. The Dark Mark swarm to life in the clouds as the sounds of death eaters cackling can be heard. Fenir Greyback quickly exited the tower to join the other Death Eaters, but Bellatrix stayed behind.

"Out of here, quickly," said Snape.

"Not yet." Bellatrix sneered and turned to Draco, she pointed her wand at him. "The Dark Lord specifically said to deal with them if he fails his mission."

Snape's face seemed to soften before he turned to Narcissa, who was pleading with tears.

"Severus, please.... you made a vow that you would protect him." She cried.

"I'm sorry, Narcissa... the terms of the vow have already been completed. I have done ask you have asked... I have completed what he has not and protected him during his mission. That is what we agreed to." He said coldly, but behind that stone mask was the regretful Godfather that knew he couldn't do anything now to save his Godson.

"Nothing can save you now, Draco..." Bellatrix cackled. "All that's left is pain !!"

The Cruciatis curse struck Draco instantaneously as he let out a howl of pain. Harry could only watch from below with unspoken screams of anger and pain, this didn't make sense. Dumbledore died, the paralysing charm should have been lifted, but it seemed like another one was cast at him when he wasn't paying attention. Now, he can only watch as Draco collapsed to the floor as Narcissa screamed and dived forward to save her son, but was held back by Snape. Lucius, who's face was twitching suddenly turned to Bellatrix with a pleading in his eyes, something Draco had never seen in his father's eyes before.

"Please." Lucius pleaded. "Stop."

Draco looked up at his father and saw red. "This is your doing isn't it, father?" He let out another scream of pain as he can feel his body starting to give up.

His father's face broke as there was visible pain and regret written all over.

"No! I swear I didn't know, Draco." He pleaded with him. " The Dark Lord said he would kill me, not you!"

Narcissa screamed again as she was held back by Snape who gripped his wand tighter in his hand.

"Oh please, save your words." Draco panted. "Don't pretend this isn't what you've always wanted."

Lucius can't take it anymore. He turned to Bellatrix and grabbed her by the shoulders, trying to throw off the curse that was currently torturing his son to death.

"No, stop. Stop!" He glared at Bellatrix but she only let out a cold laugh. "I can't let you take him."

He turned to his son, whose tears were streaming down because of the intense pain. Lucius shook his head.

"You don't deserve this, Draco..." He took a shaking breath. "I do."

Lucius marched forward and pushed Draco out of the way. The curse was finally lifted for a moment as Bellatrix looked at Lucius curiously.

Lucius looked back at her confidently. "If a life must be taken for his failure to please the Dark Lord then you take mine."

Bellatrix howled with laughed as she aimed her wand at her brother-in-law. "Even better."

The Cruciatis curse hit again as Lucis gripped his heart and collapsed to the ground. Draco laid next to him as he watched his father in disbelief and shock.