Chapter 48: Hogwarts Again

2 years ago. May 1998. Hogwarts. Room of Requirement.

"Tea?" Luna looked down at Draco, sat among many others in the Room of Requirement, which was now used as a hideout for most students. "Tiny bit of milk and a spoonful of sugar. Just the way you like it."

"Thanks." Draco beamed at her and gladly took the cup before bringing it close to his lips and took a sip. He let out an exhale as the warm tea travelled down his throat and into his body. He looked around the fairly quiet room. As usual, Seamus and Dean were sat together, with Zacharias Smith just laying next to them on a hammock, playing some sort of muggle card game with Ernie Mcmillan who was sat opposite. Draco chuckled at the sight as shook his head with a laugh.

"Hey." A voice came from behind Draco as he turned around and recognized the signature red hair of Ginny Weasley, sitting down beside Luna with a slight blush. Draco scooted closer towards her and put down the cup of tea.

"Any news?" Draco asked her, but deep down he already knew the answer.

"I'm sorry, Draco." Ginny sighed. "I haven't heard from them at all, not even from Ron."

Draco turned back to the cup placed beside him and picked it up. He took another sip and sighed before putting it down again.

"It's been two months since I last saw him. A month since Neville came and took Luna, Ravenna and I back here." Draco let out a bitter laugh. He hasn't smiled since he last saw Harry when Harry had left with Ron and Hermione to go to Gringotts to find the Horcrux. Slowly, Draco was starting to lose hope now, they're separated again. "I don't know if I'll even see him again."

Luna, who was sat quietly beside them, was listening in to the conversation. She rested her head on her perched hand and spoke softly.

"How are you holding up, Draco?"

Draco took another sip of his drink but didn't look at her when he replied.

"How do you think?"

Luna smiled and scooted closer. "Well, I won't know unless you tell me."

"I want to see him again, to talk to him again." Draco sighed deeply. "But I can't now, can I? "

"If you could see him again, to talk to him, would it make a difference?" Luna blinked and smiled softly at him.

"He's not here. I don't even know if he's still alive so..." Draco ran a hand through his hair. "So I can't."

Ginny put a hand on Draco's shoulder and grasped it gently. "Oh, of course he isn't dead."

"I know... I just miss him..." Draco shook his head at them and decided to change the topic. "So any idea why the old coot was looking for Longbottom?"

"Who? Aberforth?" Ginny laughed. "No idea. Probably bringing back more food."

Draco made a disgusted groan and took another sip of his tea. Seamus laughed from near them and called out.

"Oh Merlin please, not Aberforth's cooking." He looked over at Draco and smiled. "I mean it's a surprise we could even digest it."

Draco smiled back at him as the painting to the Room creaked open. "Speak of the devil, here he is."

The portrait opened fully as Neville called out to everyone. Draco noticed he was looking exceptionally happy and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey! Listen up, you lot!" He chuckled happily, bursting with joy, Draco noticed. "Bought you a surprise!"

Dean scoffed loudly when he heard this and turned to Seamus and winked at him. "Heard that before."

Seamus looked away and blushed and Neville chuckled at the pair before stepping aside to reveal none other than Harry Potter himself, followed by Ron and Hermione walking through the portrait and into the room. Draco's grip on his cup loosened as he stood up abruptly and it fell towards the ground, smashing into a hundred pieces. He felt people run past him but he stood there with his eyes glued onto Harry. The tears at the back of his eyes started to form as it slowly fell down his cheek like droplets. He let out a smile for the first time in forever and chuckled weakly to himself.