Chapter 46: Malfoy Manor

2 years ago. Malfoy Manor. Late March 1997.

Harry struggled, trying to throw off Greyback's hand, but it was hopeless: Ron and Hermione were squeezed tightly against him on either side, he could not separate from the group, and as the breath was squeezed out of him his scar seared more painfully still.

The trio lurched into one another as Greyback and the others apparated with them and landed in a country lane. Harry's eyes, still puffy, took a moment to acclimatise, then he saw a pair of wrought-iron gates at the foot of what looked like a long drive. He experienced the tiniest trickle of relief. He was here. He was right where he wanted them to bring him. If he captured them and brought him here, no doubt would Draco be here as well.

One of the Snatchers strode to the gates and shook them.

"How do we get in?" He called out to the others "They're locked, Greyback, I can't – blimey!"

He whipped his hands away in fright. The iron was contorting, twisting itself out of the abstract curls and coils into a frightening face, which spoke in a clanging, echoing voice: "State your purpose!"

The lead Snatcher gripped Harry harshly by the helm of his shirt and dragged him to face the metal face on the gate, he swiped back his hair with the palm of his hand, revealing Harry's barely visible white lightning bolt scar. Although Hermione's jinx had hidden his face well, his infamous scar was still there and very much visible.

The face studied Harry with narrowed eyes before the gates swung open.

...

Draco sat on the chair with his hands tied up behind his back. It had been two months since he had been captured by the Death Eaters and brought back to the Manor. He was tortured numerous times throughout, by Voldemort and Bellatrix. His face was blank as Bellatrix stood in front of him, a bottle in her hand. Draco knew what this was. Gathering his courage, he looked up at his aunt and sneered at her smugly.

"It won't work."

The night after he was captured, Voldemort had requested Draco to be put on Veritaserum in order to find out where Harry and the others were hiding. However, at that point in time, they had none, which is why they had to brew one... but brewing one usually takes 2 months time. They were confident that they could get information out of Draco, but he knows it would never work.

"Shut up, you stupid child." laughed Bellatrix. "We'll see about that."

Draco made no move to fight back as he felt her hands clasp his jaw and the liquid falling into his mouth, he swallowed it confidently, knowing that they would never find out where Harry Potter and the others were.

"Now then..." Bellatrix cackled. "Where is the Potter boy? Crucio !"

Draco shouted as the torture curse struck him in the chest, although quick, it was painful. He panted and slowly regained his breath as the effects of the curse slowly faded and the Veritaserum made him reply truthfully.

"I haven't the faintest idea."

"Is that credible?" Bellatrix sneered at him and pointed her wand at his throat.

"It's true."

Bellatrix scoffed at him and struck another crucio at him.

"Where was he seen last, the boy?"

"Goblin Forest," Draco smirked to himself, he knew that the information was no use. "In the outskirts of Bristol, England."

Narcissa stood from beside Bellatrix, she wore a cold and empty look, but Draco knew that her heart hurt for him, watching him being tortured while not being able to do anything.