Chapter 57: The Chosen One

2 Years ago. The Battle of Hogwarts.

Silence fell.

Silence fell for Harry once again. He had never risen so high then fall so much further. He felt like his soul was forcefully ripped out of him, felt nothing but a hole where his heart used to be. Harry never thought life was fair to him. Not once was his happiness not cruelly snatched away. He thought, in his ignorance, that with Voldemort finally dead the universe would stop taking and taking and taking, but yet here he was, and Voldemort was nowhere near dead, and instead, another part of him was so cruelly snatched away.

A wand clattered at the ground beneath him as he looked over at the hawthorn wand. He recognised it instantly, and his silent tears stained the wood. Harry looked up to see Voldemort smiling evilly at him and he had expected himself to lash out in anger, to tear him into pieces, to torture him until he begs for mercy, and showing none just like he had shown none for Draco.

But he didn't feel any of that.

He felt lost.

Draco was gone.

It was all his fault.

"Now, Harry Potter..." He heard Voldemort's voice ring in his ears. "You have a choice to make."

Harry felt the spell constricting him to the ground fade away as he once again regained control of his body. But he remained on the floor, looking up at Voldemort with emotionless eyes.

"Get up." Voldemort gritted his teeth.

Harry did not move.

"I SAID GET UP!" The spell hit Harry forcefully as he found himself lulled by a haunting yet serene sensation. The imperius curse took control over him instantly, and he made no move to fight it. After all, what was the point?

Harry stood, and Voldemort sneered at him, waving the Elder Wand in his hand. The protection bubble Harry cast suddenly vanished. There were screams and shouts of the crowd behind them, and Harry looked back, knowing he'd doomed them all.

There was another scream as Voldemort waved his wand again, and Harry tracked the source of the scream he recognised as Mrs Weasley.

Panic reignited within him. Fearfully, he turned to see his two best friends being dragged through the air forcefully by Voldemort's spell. He saw Hermione scream and kick the air as she waved her wand furiously, trying to break free of Voldemort's spell, and his eyes widened when Voldemort dropped the two of them onto the floor beside Harry. His best friends coughing as they made to stand.

He heard Mrs Weasley's scream for help again and turned to look at her with wide eyes. Voldemort raised his wand, and another barrier reappeared, trapping Voldemort, Ravenna, Harry and his two best friends in the bubble, with the rest outside it, trying to break through the protective shield with spells but to no avail.

Ron and Hermione pointed their wands at the Dark Lord, their spells firing out of their wands with powerful fury. But they were still no match for the Dark Lord himself, as they found themselves suddenly immobile, their bodies forced onto the hard concrete.

Voldemort laughed at their pathetic display and addressed Harry directly once again.

"I'm going to give you a choice, Harry Potter." The Dark Lord smiled darkly. "Don't you remember what Dumbledore said??"

Voldemort turned to Ravenna, who still said nothing, her pale white face drained of emotion after she had learned what she truly was, just another pawn in Voldemort's game.

"If you truly wish to kill me..." He forced Harry to stand up and pushed him in front of Ravenna, shoving Draco's wand in his hand. "... then you must kill the last Horcrux."