Chapter 31

Suddenly, Gary comes up with an idea. He quickly pull over from the road then takes out his phone to searches for the nearest realty office and decided to pay a visit.  He is planning to rent an apartment so he can spend more time with Jihyo that they don't have to afraid if anyone would spot them together in public again. Well, today must be Gary's lucky day, he meets a really nice and professional realtor who only needs few hours to get Gary the best deal in town. The apartment only 10 minutes away from Gary's office which make it even more convenience for him, Gary doesn't need a second thought and just signed the leasing contract right after. It's around the evening time when Gary reached home, Haha is also at home as well but he still on the phone with Byul.

Gary: Yah, cut the phone off. You two see each other all the time but still don't get enough??? (he can't stand it)

Haha gives Gary this hateful look and signaling him to go away. JaeSuk already get the dinner ready and calling his sons to come over. During the meal, Gary keep peeks at JaeSuk and Haha like he's waiting for the right time to tell them his plan.

JaeSuk: Gary-ah, gwaenchana? I make your favourite dish today but you don't seem like eating at all.

Gary: Ani, I'm eating though.

JaeSuk: Keudae!! Eat more...you are working so hard these days.

Gary: (hesitated for a second) Abeoji......I.....have something to say...

JaeSuk: Oh!!! (still eating but he's listening)

Gary: I....I....I am planning to move out! (assertive)

Shocked by the news, both JaeSuk and Haha drop their chopsticks and ask Gary for his sudden decision. 

Gary: What's wrong??? 0.0 (even he got surprised, he didn't expected this kind of reaction from them)

JaeSuk: What did you just said?

Haha: Wae, wae, wae???

Gary: What, I just wanna move out!!

JaeSuk: But you also know there is no "move out" rule exist in this family!!! (protesting)

Gary: Abeoji, I'm too old to live on my own, I wanna have my space.

JaeSuk: You have it, there! (pointing to the stairs behind Gary)

Gary: Really!!! 

JaeSuk: You know we had talked about this before.

Gary: But it's necessary now, our house is too far away from my office. I just want a more convenience place for my job!!! 

Haha: That's true. (timid mumbling)

JaeSuk: You stop talking! (to Haha) Why? You don't happy to live here with me? (to Gary)

Gary: That's not the point..(he try not to turn the conversation into arguement)

JaeSuk: Then what is the point, it's only takes you up to 20 minutes from here to your office. I do see no inconvenience!!!

Gary: I found an apartment only takes me 10 minutes to my office, is that more reasonable??

Haha: Abeoji, are...are you afraid hyung would be the same with JoonHuk???

*JoonHuk is JaeSuk's nephew, JoonHuk left his family 2 years ago and promised his dad that he would come to visit his father once awhile but he never return. JaeSuk's brother often complained about it to JaeSuk so somehow JaeSuk be obsessed by it. That's also the reason why JaeSuk made a commitment with his sons that they would never move out of the family, just in case the same thing happen to them* 

Now Gary thinks of it, he can see what JaeSuk's concerns all about, JaeSuk keeps his silent in disappointment and only looking down to the table, Gary slowly reaches out his hand and slightly pats on JaeSuk's shoulder.

Gary: Abeoji, you know your son. I'm not JoonHuk, I promised to be home whenever you want me to. (comforting JaeSuk)

JaeSuk: Can I trust my son??? 

Gary: Of course!!! (confidence) 

After awhile of consideration, JaeSuk finally agrees to Gary's leaving but Gary has to promises that he has to come home as soon as he's free and JaeSuk can comes over sometime to see how Gary is living on his own. Gary thanks JaeSuk for his supporting and they spend a enjoyable time that night. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for my english grammar. Please do support my works by posting your comments. Thank you!