1.1.1 Queer, There and Everywhere

The thing you need to know is, it's all about sex.

It true. In fact they say men think about sex every twenty-eight seconds. Of course that's straight men. With gay men it's every nine.

You can be at the supermarket or thinking about buying a fabulous shirt when suddenly you find yourself checking out some hot guy. Hotter than the one you saw last weekend or went home with the night before, which explains why we're all at Arq Nightclub at one in the morning instead of at home in bed.

But who wants to be at home in bed, especially alone, when you can be here? Knowing that at any moment you might see him, the most beautiful man who ever lived. That is until tomorrow night...

By the way, I'm Calum Hood the semi-cute, next door type. Twenty nine, five ten, nine and a half cut. Alright I exaggerate, but who's told the truth since they invented cyber-sex?

Like I said it's all about sex. Except when you're having it, then it's all about will he stay, will he go, how am I doing, what am I doing? Unless of course you're Michael Clifford and then it's who gives a fuck what you think, you're lucky to have me.

.

.

.

"I'll get Michael."

Walking off into the back room of Arq and leaving his friends at the bar Calum looks around the gloomy room full of semi naked men before finding Michael leaning against the wall having his dick sucked by some guy. "We need to go. We want to eat."

"I'm just giving him my number."

"What did you do, write it on your dick?"

Michael gives him a pointed look making Calum sigh resignedly inside. "How long is this going to take?"

Looking down at the guy kneeling in front of him, Michael sizes up both the guy and his mouth and tells him, "Ten minutes. Tops."

Walking outside Calum's greeted by a barrage of comments from their friends. "How long are we going to wait?", "I've got work in the morning", "Why do you put up with him?"

"He says he'll be right out," he lies.

"This is some great system he'd got set up, he gets party all night and you get to drive him home." Sam complains in what their friends like to refer to as his extra whiny voice. Sam's a sweetheart and really smart and he has big heart but no-one's interested in the size of that organ.

Rolling his eyes at their predictable complaints Calum notices a hot guy checking him out. Corey also notices, "Don't look now but somebody's watching" he sings into Cal's ear, checking the guy out surruptitiously himself.

"Oh him? He's been checking me out all night." Calum admits the guy is hot, and just what he likes in a man; tall, broad shoulders, shirt half unbuttoned showing a very nice set of pecs, but he just doesn't like the way he's been watching him.

"Mmmm playing hard to get? I love that in a man." Corey flashes a grin in the guys direction and Calum rolls his eyes, knowing he's just stuck his butt out a little bit further than usual.

Corey can be a little campy. Alright a lot campy. But you've got to admit it takes guts to be a queen in a world full of commoners.

"Not playing. I'm not that interested."

"Check out the bubble butt though. And that crotch." Corey leans even further round to get a good look at him irritating Calum no end.

"Will you quit staring? There's more to a guy than his cock size..."

But glancing round himself, now that they're out of the smoke and dark of the club, Cal realises how fucking hot he really is and find himself grinning at his two friends.

"...or his perfectly shaped ass." Calum's grin widens as Corey bursts out laughing, he knew he couldn't hold out for ever looking at a guy like that.

"Which is why you read all those comic books with the super heroes in their tights. For the plot." Sam points out sarcastically.

Calum's resolve hardens again. Resolve, not anything else.

"I told you I'm not interested."

"Maybe just for once you should be." Sam looks him in the eye and tells him straight. "Show a certain someone he's not the only one who can score."

Sam has a point.

Meanwhile, unbenownst to the group of friends waiting for one of their number to finish getting his dick sucked, around the corner and out of sight a cute, very blonde, nervous as hell twink steps off the kerb and over puddles on his first time to Freedom Street. He's looking for something or someone, maybe some kind of confirmation of who he is but not knowing what the hell he's going to find.

He asks a guy where are the best places to go and gets a run down of the clubs and the types of people who like to frequent them, where the bears like to hang out, how to find the leather daddies and where he could find twinks like himself. His confused and worried look gets the guy laughing and mocking at him, telling him to go home, that he's out of place, and to run back to Mummy and Daddy.

Damnit, the lad had finally plucked up enough courage to come down to see what it's like in this world but also to see if this is what he really wants. Which is how he ends up turning at the corner of the street, looking a little defeated, as he emerges out of the darkness and into the glare of the street lamp that he leans against, at the exact same time that Michael looks up from opening the passenger door of his car.

And that's when it happened. When he came along.