1.22.9 Full Circle

Luke sings and hums as he laughs and skips around Michael, pulling him around too as they make their way down to the hotel's undercover car park. The two of them are drunk on nothing but each other.

" 'But don't forget who's taking you home...' Did you see their faces?!" Luke exclaims, breaking off from humming the song they'd just danced to, his grin as wide as his face.

"Yeah. We gave them a prom they'll never forget!"

Michael lifts the silk scarf off himself, wrapping it around Luke for the second time that evening and uses it to turn him around, pulling him close as he walks him backwards into the driver's door of his Jeep.

"It's the best night of my life!" Luke tells him seriously as Michael wraps the ends of the scarf around his hands and tugs Luke forward so their noses are nearly touching.

Michael's lips have the faintest trace of a smile on them, "Even if it was ridiculously romantic?"

Luke's eyes search Michael's face to see if he's being sarcastic but finds him to be perfectly serious. Blinking a little, he processes words that he never would have expected to come out of Michael's mouth.

Michael doesn't wait for a reply but does pause as he goes to kiss Luke, looking deep into his eyes before he leans in, only fluttering his eyes shut when he feels Luke's lips on his. The lad's such a good kisser, hell he's good at everything he does, that he could kiss him all day and all night and not be bored. For Michael, who gets bored at the drop of a hat, that's saying something.

To his surprise he doesn't feel silly or stupid being here with Luke at his prom. He thought he would, but there's no embarrassment at all, just a lot of pride in seeing Luke be exactly who he is; loud, out and proud. And he's glad he came to celebrate that, and this clever and beautiful boy who had the pick of any university he wanted, and whom he can call his lover. Not that he would call him that of course, but he could, if he wanted to.

Who would have thought that when they met, all those months ago, that they'd be here now, dancing with each other? Certainly not Michael.

Michael turns them both around with an inward sigh when they part, twirling his fingers through the smooth silky scarf with a regretful look coming onto his face. He wants to take Luke home now, but he can wait a little longer. Michael wants Luke to enjoy every single minute of his prom which means letting him go now so he can go back up to the ballroom, but damn, it's hard to do.

"Later..." he says quietly, reminding Luke of their arrangement.

Luke has the biggest smile on his face as he turns to leave, he can't believe that Michael even came to his prom. And danced with him? And kissed him properly? In front of everyone?! There's too much to think about...and there's the way he looked at him just now...and those words!..and that kiss they just shared...Luke could swear that Michael had felt something more in that kiss...he knows for sure that he did.

It's the best night ever.

Luke wants to know what Chloe thought of it all too, he can just picture her face when he walks back in. And he can't wait for later, knowing that Michael's going to be waiting impatiently for him in his apartment, hell Luke can tell he's impatient for him now. He'll spend all night there and they'll not sleep until the morning...maybe a lazy breakfast when they finally wake up together...fuck, the things they'll do to each other...he can't wait for what Michael has planned...Luke grins to himself at the thought of how many times Michael's going to make him cum.

This has to be the most perfect night of his life.

As Michael climbs into his Jeep, he catches sight of Luke in the wing mirror and smiles to himself. The boy's definitely walking with a spring in his step and he seems to be enjoying that scarf Michael's given or lent him, he's not sure which. If Luke asks to keep it after tonight he knows he wouldn't deny him.