1.15.1 The Ties That Bind

Luke finishes up in the shower as fast as he can, stepping out much wetter than he'd usually be. He shakes the water quickly out of his hair instead of towelling it, and hurries out, not even wrapping the red towel around his waist. Instead he just skims it over his body. Dripping water, he runs into Michael's bedroom, looking around for his clothes as fast as possible.

"So he has a snack around eleven and another one around three..."

"Lucky him," Luke comments, looking from the bedroom to Michael who's sitting calmly holding Gus as Geordie continues her list of Things-To-Tell-Michael.

"Glug, glug, glug," Michael looks at Luke with a twitch of mirth around his mouth, the two of them having an entirely different conversation to the one Geordie thinks they're having.

Luke's dimple winks at Michael as he tries to hold his retort in, the only problem was that he was just glug glug glugging Michael's dick down his throat about five minutes before Geordie walked in, hence his very fast shower and why Michael is holding Gus with only a pair of jeans on.

"And here are all the emergency numbers," Geordie passes Michael a printed list of everyone's number that she can possibly think of. He looks at her steadily as he takes it off her, making a mental note not to contact anyone off it. "And if you take him outside make sure to use his beanie hat, he looks so adorable!" Michael rolls his eyes, out of sight of Geordie of course.

"Has anyone seen my shoe?" Luke asks, bouncing down the steps from Michael's bedroom with his school trousers on, one shoe in his hand and his shirt flying open with his tie dangling down his bare chest. He's going to be late if he's not careful and this is the one day that Michael can't drop him off.

"Oh is that what I'm sitting on?!" Michael grimaces as he pulls a black leather shoe out from the chair. He remembers Luke toeing off his shoes last night as he'd pulled him forwards towards his bedroom, unable to resist the lad for one more minute, but he doesn't know how it got wedged between the chair and the cushion. "I knew it wasn't one of my usual rubber toys..." He says, throwing the shoe to Luke with a wink.

"Michael are you listening to me?!"

"Yes! Feeding time, nap time, beanie hat...I got it. He's going to be fine Geordie!"

"I know he is and I appreciate you doing this at such short notice. Now that I have to go back to work I need to attend this damn teachers conference..." She says, looking around to gather up her bag and keys from the mess that is Gus's stuff.

"Maybe you'll meet a nice lady PE teacher!" Michael wiggles his tongue suggestively at her.

"Don't worry! I'll keep an eye on him too..." Luke reassures her as he crouches down near to Gus's head to give his cheek a kiss goodbye.

"I don't need you to keep an eye on him," Michael mutters as he starts to give Gus his bottle.

"I meant you!"

"I'm his father, I'm not going to fuck it up!" Michael exclaims, looking from Luke to Geordie who's looking at him very concerned. "Would you please tell them to give me some credit?!" He asks Gus, sitting him up a bit so he can see who he's talking about.

"I am!" Geordie points out. "That's why I'm leaving him in your care."

"Bullshit! You're leaving him because Maddie's gone to see her mother in Brisbane and won't be back 'til Sunday!"

Geordie ignores him, "Here's my number at the conference..."

Michael looks at her, "He's going to be fine Mumma."

"I know Dad. Love you," Geordie kisses Gus and stands up, turning away so that Michael can't see her worried look. He's right, she never would have left Gus with him if Maddie had been available but what can she do?